Kevin E Thorpe
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Inhaled nitric oxide for the adjunctive therapy of severe malaria: protocol for a randomized controlled trialMichael Hawkes
Institute of Medical Sciences, University of Toronto, Canada
Trials 12:176. 2011..Low-flow inhaled nitric oxide (iNO) gas is a US FDA-approved treatment for hypoxic respiratory failure in neonates...
- Decision aid on radioactive iodine treatment for early stage papillary thyroid cancer--a randomized controlled trialAnna M Sawka
Division of Endocrinology, Department of Medicine, University Health Network and University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Trials 11:81. 2010..This decision is often difficult because of conflicting reports of RAI treatment benefit and medical evidence uncertainty due to the lack of long-term randomized controlled trials...
- Evaluation of a clinical decision support tool for osteoporosis disease management: protocol for an interrupted time series designMonika Kastner
Department of Health Policy, Management and Evaluation, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Implement Sci 6:77. 2011....
- A knowledge translation collaborative to improve the use of therapeutic hypothermia in post-cardiac arrest patients: protocol for a stepped wedge randomized trialKatie N Dainty
RESCU Research Program, Keenan Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St, Michael s Hospital Toronto, Canada
Implement Sci 6:4. 2011..Despite the strong evidence for its efficacy and the apparent simplicity of this intervention, recent surveys show that therapeutic hypothermia is delivered inconsistently, incompletely, and often with delay...
- Factors associated with the subspecialty choices of internal medicine residents in CanadaLeora Horn
Department of Medical Oncology, Vanderbilt University, 777 Preston Research Building, 2220 Pierce Avenue, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
BMC Med Educ 8:37. 2008..To address the concern about physician imbalances in internal medicine subspecialties, we need to examine the factors that motivate residents when making career decisions...
- A pragmatic-explanatory continuum indicator summary (PRECIS): a tool to help trial designersKevin E Thorpe
Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 62:464-75. 2009..To propose a tool to assist trialists in making design decisions that are consistent with their trial's stated purpose...
- How do I perform a lumbar puncture and analyze the results to diagnose bacterial meningitis?Sharon E Straus
Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Calgary, Alberta
JAMA 296:2012-22. 2006..Diagnostic lumbar punctures (LPs), commonly used to rule out meningitis, are associated with adverse events...
- Office-based intervention to reduce bottle use among toddlers: TARGet Kids! Pragmatic, randomized trialJonathon L Maguire
Applied Health Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, Department of Pediatrics, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pediatrics 126:e343-50. 2010..The goal was to determine whether an office-based, educational intervention for parents of 9-month-old children could reduce bottle use and iron depletion at 2 years of age...