Affiliation: University of Saskatchewan
- The effect of funded varicella immunization programs on varicella-related hospitalizations in IMPACT centers, Canada, 2000-2008Ben Tan
Department of Pediatrics, Royal University Hospital, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
Pediatr Infect Dis J 31:956-63. 2012..Publicly funded routine immunization programs at 12 or 15 months of age were introduced by 5 provinces and territories (prov/terr) in 2000 to 2002 (earlier programs, EP) and by 8 prov/terr in 2004 to 2007 (later programs, LP)...
- Invasive infections caused by haemophilus influenzae serotypes in twelve Canadian IMPACT centers, 1996-2001Athena McConnell
Division of Pediatric Infectious Diseases, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Pediatr Infect Dis J 26:1025-31. 2007..We describe the epidemiology of H. influenzae invasive infections in 12 Canadian pediatric tertiary care [Immunization Monitoring Program, ACTive (IMPACT)] centers during the era of universal immunization against this pathogen...
- Characteristics and outcome of infants with candiduria in neonatal intensive care - a Paediatric Investigators Collaborative Network on Infections in Canada (PICNIC) studyJoan L Robinson
Department of Pediatrics, Alberta Children s Hospital Calgary, Alberta, Canada
BMC Infect Dis 9:183. 2009..There is limited information in the literature on the presentation and prognosis of candidal urinary tract infection (UTI) in infants in the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU)...
- Prevention of respiratory syncytial viral infections in late preterm infantsKoravangattu Sankaran
Department of Pediatrics, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Zhongguo Dang Dai Er Ke Za Zhi 15:241-8. 2013..Premature birth is a leading cause of infant mortality and chronic pulmonary morbidity, therefore prevention of RSV hospitalization though immune prophylaxis in late preterm infants appears attractive...
- Taking a closer look: an examination of measles, mumps, and rubella immunization uptake in SaskatoonKyla Avis
College of Nursing, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK
Can J Public Health 98:417-21. 2007....
- Empyema associated with community-acquired pneumonia: a Pediatric Investigator's Collaborative Network on Infections in Canada (PICNIC) studyJoanne M Langley
Department of Pediatrics, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Canada
BMC Infect Dis 8:129. 2008..We reviewed the epidemiology and clinical management of empyema at 8 pediatric hospitals in a period before the widespread implementation of universal infant heptavalent pneumococcal vaccine programs in Canada...