G R Stuart
Affiliation: University of Victoria
- No change in spontaneous mutation frequency or specificity in dietary restricted miceG R Stuart
Centre for Environmental Health, University of Victoria, PO Box 3020, Victoria, BC, Canada
Carcinogenesis 21:317-9. 2000..We therefore conclude that dietary restriction appears to have no appreciable effect on spontaneous mutation, at least in chromosomal DNA...
- Mutation frequency and specificity with age in liver, bladder and brain of lacI transgenic miceG R Stuart
Centre for Environmental Health, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 3N5, Canada
Genetics 154:1291-300. 2000..Hence, no evidence was found to support hypotheses that predict that oxidative damage or accumulation of errors in nuclear DNA contributes significantly to the aging process, at least in these three somatic tissues...
- Through a glass, darkly: reflections of mutation from lacI transgenic miceG R Stuart
Centre for Environmental Health and the Department of Biology, University of Victoria, Victoria, British Columbia V8W 3N5, Canada
Genetics 155:1359-67. 2000..We conclude that even slight changes in DNA repair efficiency could lead to significant increases in mutation frequencies, potentially contributing significantly to human pathogenesis, including cancer...
- Interpretation of mutational spectra from different genes: analyses of PhIP-induced mutational specificity in the lacI and cII transgenes from colon of Big Blue ratsG R Stuart
Centre for Environmental Health and the Department of Biology, University of Victoria, Canada
Mutat Res 452:101-21. 2000..The evaluation of PhIP-induced mutational responses in these two transgenes serves as a model for intergenic mutational analyses...
- Mutations induced by 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo [4,5-b]pyridine (PhIP) in cecum and proximal and distal colon of lacI transgenic ratsG R Stuart
Centre for Environmental Health and Department of Biology, University of Victoria, PO Box 3020 STN CSC, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada V8W 3N5
Mutagenesis 16:431-7. 2001..Therefore, we surmise that following induction of mutations by PhIP in male and female colons, non-mutagenic factors, possibly hormonal, preferentially influence the formation of tumors in the colon of male rats...
- Mutagenicity of TCDD in Big Blue transgenic ratsA S Thornton
Centre for Environmental Health, University of Victoria, P.O. Box 3020, Victoria, BC, Canada V8W 3N5
Mutat Res 478:45-50. 2001..After 6 weeks of exposure to 2 microg/kg TCDD neither an increase in mutation frequency nor any change in mutation spectrum was observed in either male or female animals...
- Modulation of 2-amino-1-methyl-6-phenylimidazo[4,5-b]pyridine-induced mutation in the cecum and colon of big blue rats by conjugated linoleic acid and 1,2-dithiole-3-thioneH Yang
Centre for Environmental Health, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada V8W 3N5
Nutr Cancer 39:259-66. 2001..In conclusion, CLA and DTT modulate PhIP-induced mutagenesis in a tissue-specific manner, and different modulation pathways are employed by CLA and DTT...
- The dioxin TCDD protects against aflatoxin-induced mutation in female rats, but not in male ratsA S Thornton
Centre for Biomedical Research, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada V8W 3N5
Mutat Res 561:147-52. 2004..However, the TCDD treatment completely prevented the aflatoxin-induced transversion mutations in female animals...