Meena M Sran
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Regional trabecular morphology assessed by micro-CT is correlated with failure of aged thoracic vertebrae under a posteroanterior load and may determine the site of fractureMeena M Sran
Division of Orthopaedic Engineering Research, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Bone 40:751-7. 2007..We investigated the determinants of spinal fracture using muCT...
- Postgraduate physiotherapy training: interest and perceived barriers to participation in a clinical master's degree programmeMeena M Sran
BC Women s Hospital and Health Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia
Physiother Can 61:234-43. 2009....
- Is spinal mobilization safe in severe secondary osteoporosis? - a case reportMeena M Sran
Osteoporosis Program, BC Women s Health Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Man Ther 11:344-51. 2006
- Posteroanterior stiffness predicts sagittal plane midthoracic range of motion and three-dimensional flexibility in cadaveric spine segmentsMeena M Sran
Division of Orthopaedic Engineering Research, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia and the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Vancouver, Canada
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 20:806-12. 2005..Although clinical theory suggests that manually performed techniques can predict or detect intervertebral motion, this hypothesis remains untested...
- Accuracy of DXA scanning of the thoracic spine: cadaveric studies comparing BMC, areal BMD and geometric estimates of volumetric BMD against ash weight and CT measures of bone volumeMeena M Sran
Division of Orthopaedic Engineering Research, Department of Orthopaedics, Faculty of Medicine, University of British Columbia and the Vancouver Coastal Health Research Institute, Room 500, 828 W 10th Avenue, Vancouver, BC, V5Z 1L8, Canada
Eur Spine J 14:971-6. 2005..These data suggest that readily available DXA scanning is an appropriate surrogate measure for thoracic spine bone mineral and that the lateral scan might be the scan method of choice...
- Transmission of force in the lumbosacral spine during backward fallsCarolyn Van Toen
Orthopaedic and Injury Biomechanics Group, Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:E519-27. 2012..Mathematical model, combined with and verified using human subject data...
- Failure characteristics of the thoracic spine with a posteroanterior load: investigating the safety of spinal mobilizationMeena M Sran
Division of Orthopaedic Engineering Research, BC Women s Health Centre, Vancouver, Canada
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 29:2382-8. 2004..In vitro biomechanical study of human cadaveric thoracic spine segments and one intact cadaver and applied load measurements in human volunteers...
- Prevalence of urinary incontinence in women with osteoporosisMeena M Sran
BC Women s Hospital and Health Centre, Osteoporosis Program, Vancouver BC Simon Fraser University, Injury Prevention and Mobility Laboratory, Burnaby, BC
J Obstet Gynaecol Can 31:434-9. 2009..To investigate the prevalence and frequency of urinary incontinence in women presenting to a specialist osteoporosis clinic...
- Age differences in energy absorption in the upper extremity during a descent movement: implications for arresting a fallMeena M Sran
Injury Prevention and Mobility Lab, Department of Biomedical Physiology and Kinesiology, Simon Fraser University, Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 65:312-7. 2010..In this study, we compared the ability of young and older women to absorb the impact energy of a fall in the outstretched arms...
- Physiotherapy and osteoporosis: practice behaviors and clinicians' perceptions--a surveyMeena M Sran
Osteoporosis Program, Children s and Women s Health Centre of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Man Ther 10:21-7. 2005..Studies of safety and effectiveness of manual therapy in this population are needed to guide clinical practice...