Christine C Spencer
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Experimental demonstration of ecological character displacementJabus G Tyerman
Dept Zoology and Centre for Biodiversity, University of British Columbia, 6270 University Blvd, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4 Canada
BMC Evol Biol 8:34. 2008..However, direct experimental demonstrations of character displacement due to competition are rare...
- Adaptation increases the likelihood of diversification in an experimental bacterial lineageChristine C Spencer
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, 6270 University Boulevard, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1585-9. 2008..These results suggest evolutionary branching caused by frequency-dependent competition as the main mechanism of diversification in our experimental populations...
- Metabolic changes associated with adaptive diversification in Escherichia coliMickael Le Gac
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z4, Canada
Genetics 178:1049-60. 2008....
- Selection, epistasis, and parent-of-origin effects on deleterious mutations across environments in Drosophila melanogasterAlethea D Wang
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S3B2, Canada
Am Nat 174:863-74. 2009..e., epistasis becomes more positive). In addition, we find a high incidence of indirect genetic effects whereby the strength of selection against the alleles carried by offspring is dependent on the genotypes of their parents...
- Adaptive diversification in genes that regulate resource use in Escherichia coliChristine C Spencer
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
PLoS Genet 3:e15. 2007..Our results provide a rare example of a mechanistic integration of diversifying processes at the genetic, physiological, and ecological levels...