Affiliation: University of Calgary
- ICD-10 coding algorithms for defining comorbidities of acute myocardial infarctionLawrence So
Department of Community Health Sciences and Centre for Health and Policy Studies, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
BMC Health Serv Res 6:161. 2006..The nine comorbidities that we examined were shock, diabetes with complications, congestive heart failure, cancer, cerebrovascular disease, pulmonary edema, acute renal failure, chronic renal failure, and cardiac dysrhythmias...
- Comparing three measures of health status (perceived health with Likert-type scale, EQ-5D, and number of chronic conditions) in Chinese and white CanadiansBrenda Leung
Department of Community Health Sciences, The Center for Health and Policy Studies, University of Calgary, 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Med Care 45:610-7. 2007....
- Chinese and white Canadian satisfaction and compliance with physiciansRichard Liu
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Canada
BMC Fam Pract 8:11. 2007..Therefore, we conducted a survey among Chinese and Whites in a Canadian city to determine their reported satisfaction, and perceptions of physicians...
- Appropriateness of the use of intravenous immune globulin before and after the introduction of a utilization control programThomas E Feasby
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
Open Med 6:e28-34. 2012..It may often be used inappropriately. We evaluated the appropriateness of IVIG use before and after the introduction of an utilization control program to reduce inappropriate use...
- Characteristics of hypertensive Canadians not receiving drug therapyNorman R C Campbell
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
Can J Cardiol 24:485-90. 2008..To aid in the development of specific programs to improve hypertension management, the present report characterizes Canadians who indicated that they had hypertension but were not taking antihypertensive drug therapy...
- Coming to Canada: the difference in health trajectories between immigrants and native-born residentsLawrence So
Alberta Health Services, Calgary, Canada
Int J Public Health 57:893-904. 2012..This study investigates improvements as well as declines in health with four health measures for immigrants and native-born residents...
- Chart documentation quality and its relationship to the validity of administrative data discharge recordsLawrence So
Centre for Health and Policy Studies, University of Calgary, Canada
Health Informatics J 16:101-13. 2010..In conclusion, poorly documented hospital charts tend to be translated into invalid administrative data, which reduces the communication of clinical information among healthcare providers...