E E Smith
Affiliation: University of Calgary
- A risk score for in-hospital death in patients admitted with ischemic or hemorrhagic strokeEric E Smith
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Am Heart Assoc 2:e005207. 2013..We aimed to derive and validate a single risk score for predicting death from ischemic stroke (IS), intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH), and subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH)...
- Cavitation after acute symptomatic lacunar stroke depends on time, location, and MRI sequenceFrancois Moreau
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T3C 2H8
Stroke 43:1837-42. 2012..We determined the characteristics of acute lacunar infarcts on follow-up MRI in consecutive patients participating in prospective research studies...
- Times from symptom onset to hospital arrival in the Get with the Guidelines--Stroke Program 2002 to 2009: temporal trends and implicationsDavid Tong
California Pacific Medical Center, Department of Neurosciences, USA
Stroke 43:1912-7. 2012..We used data from a large contemporary nationwide study to determine temporal trends in the proportions of patients arriving within time windows for potential acute ischemic stroke therapies...
- Outcomes in mild or rapidly improving stroke not treated with intravenous recombinant tissue-type plasminogen activator: findings from Get With The Guidelines-StrokeEric E Smith
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Stroke 42:3110-5. 2011..We used data from a large nationwide study (Get With The Guidelines-Stroke) to determine risk factors for poor outcomes after mild or improving stroke at hospital discharge...
- Correlations between MRI white matter lesion location and executive function and episodic memoryE E Smith
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Foothills Medical Centre, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Neurology 76:1492-9. 2011..MRI white matter hyperintensity (WMH) volume is associated with cognitive impairment. We hypothesized that specific loci of WMH would correlate with cognition even after accounting for total WMH volume...
- Leukoaraiosis and strokeEric E Smith
Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Canada
Stroke 41:S139-43. 2010..More insights into the pathophysiology of leukoaraiosis are sorely needed to reduce the burden of disability associated with this common condition...
- Risk score for in-hospital ischemic stroke mortality derived and validated within the Get With the Guidelines-Stroke ProgramEric E Smith
Calgary Stroke Program, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Circulation 122:1496-504. 2010..We used Get With the Guidelines-Stroke Program data to derive and validate prediction models for a patient's risk of in-hospital ischemic stroke mortality...
- Do all ischemic stroke subtypes benefit from organized inpatient stroke care?E E Smith
Calgary Stroke Program, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 2T9
Neurology 75:456-62. 2010..We analyzed the effect of organized stroke care in all stroke subtypes in a longitudinal cohort study using data from the Registry of the Canadian Stroke Network...
- Frequency and determinants of lipid testing in ischemic stroke and transient ischemic attack: findings from get with the guidelines-strokeEric E Smith
Calgary Stroke Program, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Stroke 41:232-8. 2010..This study examined the frequency and predictors for in-hospital low-density lipoprotein testing using data from a nationwide stroke registry...
- Influence of stroke subtype on quality of care in the Get With The Guidelines-Stroke ProgramE E Smith
Calgery Stroke Program, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Foothills Medical Centre, 1403 29 Street NW, Calgary, AB, Canada T2N 2T9
Neurology 73:709-16. 2009....
- Regional leptomeningeal score on CT angiography predicts clinical and imaging outcomes in patients with acute anterior circulation occlusionsB K Menon
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 32:1640-5. 2011..Efforts to determine biological determinants of collateral status are needed if techniques to alter collateral behavior and extend time windows are to succeed...