Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Consent and assent to participate in research from people with dementiaSusan Slaughter
University of Calgary, Primary Care Research and Development Group, Department of Family Medicine, 1635, 1632 14 Ave, NW, Calgary, AB, T2N 1M7, Canada
Nurs Ethics 14:27-40. 2007..Practical guidelines for recruitment of and data collection from people in the middle or late stage of dementia are proposed. These guidelines were used by research assistants in a minimal risk study...
- Measuring physical and social environments in nursing homes for people with middle- to late-stage dementiaSusan Slaughter
Department of Community Health Sciences, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:1436-41. 2006..To evaluate measures of dementia care environments by comparing a special care facility (SCF) with traditional institutional facilities (TIFs)...
- The functional transitions model: maximizing ability in the context of progressive disability associated with Alzheimer's diseaseSusan Slaughter
Primary Care Research and Development Group, Department of Family Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB
Can J Aging 26:39-47. 2007..The model also is applicable as a conceptual framework for education and research...
- Special care facility compared with traditional environments for dementia care: a longitudinal study of quality of lifeMarlene A Reimer
Faculty of Nursing, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Am Geriatr Soc 52:1085-92. 2004..To compare the effect of a specialized care facility (SCF) on quality of life (QoL) for residents with middle- to late-stage dementia over a 1-year period with residence in traditional institutional facilities...
- The inevitable pull of the river's current: interpretations derived from a single text using multiple research traditionsSusan Slaughter
University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Qual Health Res 17:548-61. 2007..Shared and disputed meanings arising from the interpretive process are presented and discussed. This description of their collective experience might be useful to novice researchers and their mentors...
- What is a health expectation? Developing a pragmatic conceptual model from psychological theoryJennifer Amy Janzen
Primary Care Research and Development Group, Department of Family Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, AB, Canada
Health Expect 9:37-48. 2006..This paper presents a conceptual model for the development of health expectations with specific reference to Alzheimer's disease...
- Management of dementia by family physicians in academic settingsNicholas J G Pimlott
Department of Family and Community Medicine, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can Fam Physician 52:1108-9. 2006..To determine what proportion of patients with dementia seen by family physicians are assessed and managed according to the recommendations of the Canadian Consensus Conference on Dementia (CCCD)...