Eric C K Siu
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Non-nicotinic therapies for smoking cessationEric C K Siu
Center for Addiction and Mental Health and Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Annu Rev Pharmacol Toxicol 47:541-64. 2007..In conclusion, promising new therapeutic products are emerging and they will provide smokers additional options to assist in achieving smoking cessation...
- Characterization and comparison of nicotine and cotinine metabolism in vitro and in vivo in DBA/2 and C57BL/6 miceEric C K Siu
The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Mol Pharmacol 71:826-34. 2007..Genetic differences in Cyp2a5 potentially contributed to similar nicotine but different cotinine metabolism, which may confound the interpretation of nicotine pharmacological studies and studies using cotinine as a biomarker...
- Selegiline is a mechanism-based inactivator of CYP2A6 inhibiting nicotine metabolism in humans and miceEric C K Siu
Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Room 4326, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 324:992-9. 2008..Our findings suggest that an additional potential mechanism of selegiline in smoking cessation is through inhibition of nicotine metabolism...
- Nicotine self-administration in mice is associated with rates of nicotine inactivation by CYP2A5Eric C K Siu
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health and Department of Pharmacology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 184:401-8. 2006..Different mouse strains self-administer different amounts of oral nicotine and quantitative trait loci analyses in mice suggested that Cyp2a5 may be involved in differential nicotine consumption behaviors...
- Interactions between age and the aversive effects of nicotine withdrawal under mecamylamine-precipitated and spontaneous conditions in male Wistar ratsMegan J Shram
Department of Neuroscience, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, 33 Russell Street, T700, Toronto, ON, Canada M5S 2S1
Psychopharmacology (Berl) 198:181-90. 2008..Although adolescents may exhibit a greater susceptibility to nicotine addiction, relatively little is known about the influence of the aversive effects of nicotine withdrawal in maintaining smoking behavior...