Noah D Silverberg
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Education quality, reading recognition, and racial differences in the neuropsychological outcome from traumatic brain injuryNoah D Silverberg
G F Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 28:485-91. 2013..Estimation of premorbid functioning in African Americans with TBI could be refined by considering reading recognition. ..
- Is rest after concussion "the best medicine?": recommendations for activity resumption following concussion in athletes, civilians, and military service membersNoah D Silverberg
GF Strong Rehab Centre and Department of Medicine, Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Head Trauma Rehabil 28:250-9. 2013....
- Cognitive-behavioral prevention of postconcussion syndrome in at-risk patients: a pilot randomized controlled trialNoah D Silverberg
GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
J Head Trauma Rehabil 28:313-22. 2013..To examine the tolerability and estimate the treatment effect of cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) delivered soon after mild traumatic brain injury to patients at risk for chronic postconcussion syndrome (PCS)...
- Etiology of the post-concussion syndrome: Physiogenesis and Psychogenesis revisitedNoah D Silverberg
G F Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver, Canada
NeuroRehabilitation 29:317-29. 2011..If we can clinically identify individuals on a trajectory of poor recovery in the acute post-injury stage, then we can direct secondary prevention towards modifiable risk factors...
- Impairment versus deficiency in neuropsychological assessment: Implications for ecological validityNoah D Silverberg
G F Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Int Neuropsychol Soc 15:94-102. 2009..In conclusion, the ecological validity of neuropsychological tests may be improved by the consideration of absolute scores. (JINS, 2009, 15, 94-102.)...
- Symptom validity indicators embedded in the Controlled Oral Word Association TestSeason C Johnson
Department of Psychology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Clin Neuropsychol 26:1230-41. 2012..These results support the use of a weighted combination of embedded symptom validity measures in the COWAT...
- Post-concussion symptom reporting after multiple mild traumatic brain injuriesNoah D Silverberg
1 Department of Medicine, Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of British Columbia GF Strong Rehab Centre, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Neurotrauma 30:1398-404. 2013..Having one or two previous remote MTBIs was not associated with worse outcome from subsequent MTBI in this sample. ..
- Clinical presentation of prodromal frontotemporal dementiaBradley J Hallam
Division of Neurology, Geriatric Psychiatry Outreach Team, Vancouver Hospital, Vancouver, British Columbia
Am J Alzheimers Dis Other Demen 22:456-67. 2007....
- Acquired brain injury self-management programme: a pilot studyDenise Kendrick
Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Brain Inj 26:1243-9. 2012..To address this, this study adapted a supported self-management programme (SMP) for this population. The aim of this study was to evaluate the potential effectiveness of this novel SMP...