Affiliation: University of Regina
- Siblings of children with a chronic illness: a meta-analysisDonald Sharpe
Department of Psychology, University of Regina, Sasketchewan, Canada
J Pediatr Psychol 27:699-710. 2002..To review the literature pertaining to the siblings of children with a chronic illness...
- Non-epileptic seizures and child sexual abuse: a critical review of the literatureDonald Sharpe
Psychology Department, University of Regina, Regina, SK, Canada S4S 0A2
Clin Psychol Rev 26:1020-40. 2006..Specific recommendations for future research are made and psychologists are strongly encouraged to play a more active role in both researching and treating non-epileptic seizures...
- Core cognitions related to health anxiety in self-reported medical and non-medical samplesHeather D Hadjistavropoulos
Department of Psychology, University of Regina, 3737 Wascana Parkway, Regina, SK S4S 0A2, Canada
J Behav Med 35:167-78. 2012..Clinical and theoretical implications are discussed. Overall, the Health Cognitions Questionnaire has potential to facilitate further research on the development, maintenance, and treatment of health anxiety...
- The effect of physician-patient collaboration on patient adherence in non-psychiatric medicineAlexis Arbuthnott
University of Regina, Regina, Canada
Patient Educ Couns 77:60-7. 2009..Factors contributing to treatment adherence are poorly understood but the physician-patient interaction is one factor that is known to affect patient adherence...
- Assessing pain in dementia patients with comorbid delirium and/or depressionThomas Hadjistavropoulos
Department of Psychology and Centre on Aging and Health, University of Regina, Regina, SK, Canada
Pain Manag Nurs 9:48-54. 2008..Although in this investigation we used the Doloplus-II to assess pain, it is likely that our findings generalize to other observational pain assessment measures developed for patients with dementia...
- A longitudinal investigation of fear of falling, fear of pain, and activity avoidance in community-dwelling older adultsThomas Hadjistavropoulos
Department of Psychology and Centre on Aging and Health, University of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada, S4S 0A2
J Aging Health 19:965-84. 2007..The primary purpose of this study was to examine the role of fear of falling, fear of pain, and associated activity avoidance in the prediction of pain and falls...
- Anxiety sensitivity and intolerance of uncertainty: requisites of the fundamental fears?R Nicholas Carleton
Anxiety and Illness Behaviours Laboratory, University of Regina, Regina, SK, Canada S4S0A2
Behav Res Ther 45:2307-16. 2007..It appears that IU may be a required component of catastrophic misappraisals while being an important construct related to fear and anxiety in its own right. Future research directions and potential applications are discussed...
- The ethical ideologies of psychologists and physicians: a preliminary comparisonThomas Hadjistavropoulos
Department of Psychology, University of Regina, Regina, SK, Canada S4S 0A2
Ethics Behav 13:97-104. 2003..We argue that these differences reflect the varied professional cultures in which practitioners are trained and socialized...
- The Short Health Anxiety Inventory: a systematic review and meta-analysisNicole M Alberts
Department of Psychology, University of Regina, Canada
J Anxiety Disord 27:68-78. 2013..The Short Health Anxiety Inventory (SHAI) measures health anxiety in medical and non-medical contexts...
- The reassurance questionnaire: Comparison of the latent structure in university, community, and medical samplesNicole E Pugh
a Department of Psychology, University of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Psychol Health Med 18:117-24. 2013..Item loadings were invariant across the community and medical samples. Implications of the findings along with directions for future research are discussed...
- Patient perceptions of hospital discharge: reliability and validity of a Patient Continuity of Care QuestionnaireHeather Hadjistavropoulos
Department of Psychology, University of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Int J Qual Health Care 20:314-23. 2008..Such a measure has the potential to guide quality improvement initiatives related to continuity of care...
- A controlled investigation of a cognitive behavioural pain management program for older adultsSheryl M Green
University of Regina, Canada
Behav Cogn Psychother 37:221-6. 2009..As such, there is a paucity of related studies involving older adults...
- Health anxiety: comparison of the latent structure in medical and non-medical samplesNicole M Alberts
Department of Psychology, University of Regina, Regina, SK, Canada
J Anxiety Disord 25:612-4. 2011..Item loadings were invariant across the medical and non-medical samples, but the two factors were more strongly correlated in the non-medical sample. Implications of the findings as well as directions for future research are discussed...
- Comparing two observational systems in the assessment of knee painShannon Fuchs-Lacelle
University of Regina, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
Pain Res Manag 8:205-11. 2003..g., rubbing the affected area) did not. CONCLUSIONS: Although there was no clear advantage for the modified system over the PBM, an optimal approach may involve combining specific behaviours from each system...
- Client personality characteristics predict satisfaction with cognitive behavior therapySheryl M Green
J Clin Psychol 64:40-51. 2008..These findings have the potential of being useful to clinicians concerned with the prediction of response to therapy...