Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- Treatment of bipolar mixed state with olanzapineV Sharma
Mood Disorders Unit, London Psychiatric Hospital, ON
J Psychiatry Neurosci 24:40-4. 1999..An open trial was conducted to determine the efficacy of olanzapine in the treatment of bipolar mixed state...
- Preferred terms for users of mental health services among service providers and recipientsV Sharma
Mood Disorders Un of London, Ontario, Canada
Psychiatr Serv 51:203-9. 2000..quot; In this study mental health service recipients and providers were surveyed about their preferences among these terms, and responses were analyzed to identify factors associated with various preferences...
- Retrospective controlled study of inpatient ECT: does it prevent suicide?V Sharma
Mood Disorders Unit, London Psychiatric Hospital, Ontario, Canada
J Affect Disord 56:183-7. 1999..This study examined the use of ECT among inpatients who committed suicide at a provincial psychiatric hospital...
- Loss of response to antidepressants and subsequent refractoriness: diagnostic issues in a retrospective case seriesV Sharma
Mood Disorders Unit, London Psychiatric Hospital, 850 Highbury Avenue, P O Box 5532, Station B, London, Ontario, Canada
J Affect Disord 64:99-106. 2001..The loss of response to antidepressant drugs is not an uncommon phenomenon. While some patients respond to changes in the drug regimen, others develop resistance to various treatment modalities...
- Apolipoprotein E polymorphism and response to electroconvulsive therapyM Fisman
Geriatric Psychiatry Program, London Psychiatric Hospital, Ontario, Canada
J ECT 17:11-4. 2001..If confirmed in prospective studies, this may provide a useful marker in the treatment decision-making process for late-onset depression...
- Role of sleep loss in the causation of puerperal psychosisV Sharma
University of Western Ontario, Ontario, London, Canada
Med Hypotheses 61:477-81. 2003....