Affiliation: University of Manitoba
- Prevalence of caries among preschool-aged children in a northern Manitoba communityRobert J Schroth
Department of Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg
J Can Dent Assoc 71:27. 2005..ECC is multifactorial in origin, and the notion that the principal etiology is inappropriate feeding modalities is no longer tenable...
- Review of vitamin D deficiency during pregnancy: who is affected?Robert J Schroth
Department of Dental Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Int J Circumpolar Health 64:112-20. 2005..Such deficiencies can impact the health of both the mother and her infant. This review was performed to determine how widespread vitamin deficiency is during pregnancy...
- Vitamin D and Dental Caries in ChildrenR J Schroth
The University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada The Children s Hospital Research Institute of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
J Dent Res 95:173-9. 2016..Improving children's vitamin D status may be an additional preventive consideration to lower the risk for caries. ..
- Evaluating the impact of a community developed collaborative project for the prevention of early childhood caries: the Healthy Smile Happy Child projectRobert J Schroth
University of Manitoba Faculty of Health Sciences, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Rural Remote Health 15:3566. 2015..Specific aims were to assess improvements in caregiver knowledge, attitudes, and behaviours relating to early childhood oral health, and the burden of early childhood caries (ECC) and severe ECC (S-ECC)...
- Prenatal vitamin D and dental caries in infantsRobert J Schroth
Departments of Preventive Dental Science, Faculty of Dentistry, Pediatrics and Child Health, Faculty of Medicine, The Manitoba Institute of Child Health, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Pediatrics 133:e1277-84. 2014..The purpose of this study was to determine the relationship between prenatal 25OHD concentrations and dental caries among offspring during the first year of life...
- Vitamin D status of children with severe early childhood caries: a case-control studyRobert J Schroth
The University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
BMC Pediatr 13:174. 2013..There is limited research in this area, though evidence suggests that children with S-ECC are at an increased risk of malnutrition. The purpose of this study was to determine the association between vitamin D (25(OH)D) levels and S-ECC...
- Association between iron status, iron deficiency anaemia, and severe early childhood caries: a case-control studyRobert J Schroth
Department of Preventive Dental Science, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Manitoba, 507 715 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg MB R3E 3P4, Canada
BMC Pediatr 13:22. 2013..The purpose of this study was to contrast ferritin and haemoglobin levels between preschoolers with S-ECC and caries-free controls...
- The relationship between vitamin D and severe early childhood caries: a pilot studyRobert J Schroth
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Int J Vitam Nutr Res 82:53-62. 2012..S-ECC is known to affect childhood health and well-being. The objective of this pilot study was to assess vitamin D [25(OH)D] levels and determine whether differences exist between children with and without S-ECC...
- Early childhood caries among Hutterite preschool children in Manitoba, CanadaRobert Schroth
University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Rural Remote Health 10:1535. 2010..This study investigated the prevalence of early childhood caries (ECC) among Hutterite preschool children from different colonies in southwestern Manitoba, Canada...
- Oral health of indigenous children and the influence of early childhood caries on childhood health and well-beingRobert J Schroth
Department of Pediatrics and Child Health and Department of Oral Biology, University of Manitoba, 507 715 Mc Dermot Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3E 3P4, Canada
Pediatr Clin North Am 56:1481-99. 2009..Strategies should begin with community engagement and always include primary care providers and other community health workers...
- Are Manitoba dentists aware of the recommendation for a first visit to the dentist by age 1 year?Tijana Stijacic
J Can Dent Assoc 74:903. 2008..The Canadian Dental Association (CDA) and the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) recommend that children visit the dentist by 12 months of age...
- A review of repeat general anesthesia for pediatric dental surgery in Alberta, CanadaRobert J Schroth
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Pediatr Dent 29:480-7. 2007..The purpose of this study was to review data from the province of Alberta, Canada for First Nations children who required more than 1 general anesthesia (GA) procedure for dental surgery from 1996 to 2005...
- Determining the prevalence and risk factors for early childhood caries in a community dental health clinicRobert J Schroth
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Manitoba, Winnnpeg, Canada
Pediatr Dent 29:387-96. 2007....
- Determinants of early childhood caries (ECC) in a rural Manitoba community: a pilot studyRobert J Schroth
Department of Dental Diagnostic and Surgical Sciences, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Pediatr Dent 27:114-20. 2005..The purposes of this study were to: (1) determine the dental status of 3-year-old children in the community of Carman, Manitoba, Canada; and (2) identify the principal determinants of Early Childhood Caries (ECC) in 2 consecutive years...
- Providing timely dental treatment for young children under general anesthesia is a government priorityRobert J Schroth
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Manitoba, D341 780 Bannatyne Avenue, Winnipeg MB R3E 0W2
J Can Dent Assoc 73:241-3. 2007
- Caregiver knowledge and attitudes of preschool oral health and early childhood caries (ECC)Robert J Schroth
Canadian Child Health Clinican Scientist Program, Faculty of Dentistry, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Int J Circumpolar Health 66:153-67. 2007..The purpose of this paper is to report caregiver knowledge and attitudes toward preschool oral health and early childhood caries (ECC) from 4 communities in Manitoba...
- The impact of community workshops on improving early childhood oral health knowledgeAndrea C Macintosh
Manitoba Institute of Child Health, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Pediatr Dent 32:110-7. 2010..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the effectiveness of community workshops designed to equip participants with early childhood oral health (ECOH) knowledge and early childhood caries (ECC) prevention...
- Performance measures to improve the quality of orthodontic services and control expendituresChris Lavelle
Department of Orthodontics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 126:446-50. 2004..Performance measures will also improve the "standards of orthodontic practice," so the continued integrity of the profession is contingent on their development...
- Controlling third-party expenditures and improving quality assurances: a plea for changeChris Lavelle
Department of Orthodontics, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 122:414-7; discussion 417-9. 2002..Referring individual cases to these databases would subsequently help to control service expenditures and maintain or even improve their outcomes to the ultimate benefit of both the profession and the public...
- Prevalence of early childhood caries in 4 Manitoba communitiesRobert J Schroth
Faculty of Dentistry, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Manitoba
J Can Dent Assoc 71:567. 2005..The purpose of this investigation was to determine the prevalence of ECC and the oral health status of children under 6 years of age in 4 communities in Manitoba and to identify risk factors associated with ECC...
- The state of dental health in the northRobert J Schroth
Int J Circumpolar Health 65:98-100. 2006
- When should a mother stop breast-feeding?Robert J Schroth
Gen Dent 51:206; author reply 206. 2003