Candice L Schachter
Affiliation: University of Saskatchewan
- Effects of short versus long bouts of aerobic exercise in sedentary women with fibromyalgia: a randomized controlled trialCandice L Schachter
School of Physical Therapy, University of Saskatchewan, 1121 College Dr, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, S7N 0W3 Canada
Phys Ther 83:340-58. 2003....
- Women survivors of child sexual abuse. How can health professionals promote healing?Candice L Schachter
School of Physical Therapy, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon
Can Fam Physician 50:405-12. 2004..To explore how health professionals can practise in ways sensitive to adult women survivors of child sexual abuse...
- Exercise for fibromyalgia: a systematic reviewAngela J Busch
School of Physical Therapy, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada
J Rheumatol 35:1130-44. 2008..Exercise is a common recommendation in management of FM. We evaluated the effects of exercise training on global well-being, selected signs and symptoms, and physical function in individuals with FM...
- Resistance exercise training for fibromyalgiaAngela J Busch
School of Physical Therapy, University of Saskatchewan, 1121 College Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, S7N 0W3
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 12:CD010884. 2013..Resistance training is exercise performed against a progressive resistance with the intention of improving muscle strength, muscle endurance, muscle power, or a combination of these...
- Exercise therapy for fibromyalgiaAngela J Busch
School of Physical Therapy, University of Saskatchewan, 1121 College Drive, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan S7N 0W3, Canada
Curr Pain Headache Rep 15:358-67. 2011....
- The relationship of intrinsic fall risk factors to a recent history of falling in older women with osteoporosisCathy M Arnold
School of Physical Therapy, College of Medicine, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 35:452-60. 2005..Cross-sectional descriptive analysis investigating intrinsic fall risk factors in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis...
- Best practice: E-Model--prescribing physical activity and exercise for individuals with fibromyalgiaAngela J Busch
School of Physical Therapy, University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Physiother Theory Pract 24:151-66. 2008..Application of this model also facilitates the identification of gaps and discrepancies in the literature, future opportunities for knowledge exchange and translation, and future research...
- Providing dental care to survivors of childhood sexual abuse: treatment considerations for the practitionerCarol A Stalker
Wilfrid Laurier University, Faculty of Social Work, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
J Am Dent Assoc 136:1277-81. 2005..Increased understanding of common long-term effects of this trauma may help dental professionals to respond more sensitively to patients who have experienced it...
- The case for integrating grounded theory and participatory action research: empowering clients to inform professional practiceEli Teram
Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Qual Health Res 15:1129-40. 2005..Building on this experience, they argue that the integration of grounded theory and participatory action research can empower clients to inform professional practice...