Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Pharmacological management of tics in patients with TSPaul Sandor
Department of Psychiatry, Toronto Western Hospital, Edith Cavell Wing, 399 Bathurst Street, Toronto, ON, Canada M5T 2S8
J Psychosom Res 55:41-8. 2003..The focus is on the efficacy and safety of the current treatments. A clinical approach to pharmacological management of Tourette Syndrome patients is outlined...
- Understanding disability in Tourette syndromeTamara Pringsheim
Tourette Syndrome Neurodevelopmental Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto Western Hospital, 399 Bathurst Street, Toronto, ON M5T 2S8, Canada
Dev Med Child Neurol 51:468-72. 2009..For children with TS only, psychosocial health was not different from that of the normative population in the majority of domains tested. This suggests treatment of ADHD and OCD should be the priority in children with multiple diagnoses...
- Olanzapine in the treatment of aggression and tics in children with Tourette's syndrome--a pilot studyRobyn J Stephens
Tourette s Syndrome Clinic, Department of Psychiatry, Toronto Western Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 14:255-66. 2004..The aim of this study was to examine the effects of olanzapine on aggressive behaviour and tic severity in children with Tourette's Syndrome (TS)...
- REM sleep behaviour disorder in a child with Tourette's syndromeNikola N Trajanovic
Sleep and Alertness Clinic, Toronto, ON, Canada
Can J Neurol Sci 31:572-5. 2004..To describe an association of Tourette's syndrome with rapid eye movement sleep behaviour disorder (RBD) in a prepubescent boy...
- Speech disfluencies in individuals with Tourette syndromeLuc F De Nil
Graduate Department of Speech Language Pathology, University of Toronto, Room 160, 500 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 1V7
J Psychosom Res 58:97-102. 2005....
- Evaluation of the genes for the adrenergic receptors alpha 2A and alpha 1C and Gilles de la Tourette SyndromeChun Xu
Department of Psychiatry, The Toronto Western Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 119:54-9. 2003..We found no significant evidence for linkage using the transmission disequilibrium test for these two genes. Based on our families, we conclude that these genes are not major genetic factors contributing to the susceptibility to GTS...
- Risperidone in the treatment of tourette syndrome: a double-blind, placebo-controlled trialYves Dion
Allan Memorial Institute, Royal Victoria Hospital and Department of Psychiatry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
J Clin Psychopharmacol 22:31-9. 2002..Risperidone did not increase obsessive-compulsive symptoms. Fatigue and somnolence were the most common adverse events associated with risperidone...
- Analysis of the dopamine beta hydroxylase gene in Gilles de la Tourette syndromeFatih Ozbay
Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, Marmara University Faculty of Medicine, Istanbul, Turkey
Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet 141:673-7. 2006..These findings, in total, suggest that the DBH locus is unlikely to be a major gene influencing the susceptibility to DBH...