Affiliation: University of Toronto
- COL11A1 in FAP polyps and in sporadic colorectal tumorsH Fischer
Department Molecular Medicine, Karolinska Institute, S 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
BMC Cancer 1:17. 2001..Most colorectal carcinomas are suggested to be a result of an activated Wnt- pathway, most often involving an inactivation of the APC gene or activation of beta-catenin...
- The links between axin and carcinogenesisS Salahshor
Ontario Cancer Institute, Division of Experimental Therapeutics, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M5G 2M9
J Clin Pathol 58:225-36. 2005..Recent biochemical studies of axins indicate that these molecules are the primary limiting components of this pathway. This review explores the intriguing connections between defects in axin function and human diseases...
- Differential gene expression profile reveals deregulation of pregnancy specific beta1 glycoprotein 9 early during colorectal carcinogenesisSima Salahshor
Department of Medical Biophysics, Ontario Cancer Institute, 610 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2M9, Canada
BMC Cancer 5:66. 2005....
- Frequent accumulation of nuclear E-cadherin and alterations in the Wnt signaling pathway in esophageal squamous cell carcinomasSima Salahshor
Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Mod Pathol 21:271-81. 2008....
- Nuclear expression of E-cadherin in solid pseudopapillary tumors of the pancreasStefano Serra
Department of Pathology, University Health Network Toronto Medical Laboratories, Toronto, ON, Canada
JOP 8:296-303. 2007..Moreover, there is a close relationship between beta-catenin and E-cadherin...
- Expression of Wnt-signaling pathway proteins in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas: a tissue microarray analysisRunjan Chetty
Department of Pathology, University Health Network/Toronto Medical Laboratories, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Hum Pathol 37:212-7. 2006..These findings suggest that a proportion of cases of IPMN may show abnormalities in the Wnt-signaling pathway with consequent altered expression of downstream related proteins...
- Intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasm of the pancreas in a patient with attenuated familial adenomatous polyposisR Chetty
Department of Pathology, University of Toronto and University Health Network, Toronto, ON M5G 2M9, Canada
J Clin Pathol 58:97-101. 2005..Whether the heterotopic oxyntic gastric mucosa in the duodenum is also related is unclear, but it may represent a forme fruste of fundic gland polyps...
- CDH1 mutations are present in both ductal and lobular breast cancer, but promoter allelic variants show no detectable breast cancer riskHaixin Lei
Karolinska Institute, Department of Biosciences at Novum, Huddinge, Sweden
Int J Cancer 98:199-204. 2002..These results do not support CDH1 as a prominent low-penetrance cancer susceptibility gene, but indicate that CDH1 mutations contribute to the progression of both lobular and ductal tumors...