Kathy Lynn Rush
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- The helpfulness and timing of transition program educationKathy L Rush
Graduate Program Coordinator, School of Nursing, University of British Columbia Okanagan, Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7, USA
J Nurses Prof Dev 29:191-6. 2013..New graduates, many of whom were from the Millennial Generation, liked a variety of educational modalities. Access to support was better for nurse graduates who received education delivered throughout the first year of transition. ..
- Older adults' perceptions of weakness and ageingKathy L Rush
School of Nursing, University of British Columbia Okanagan, Kelowna, BC, Canada
Int J Older People Nurs 8:1-9. 2013..Although it is one of the most common symptoms older adults link to their functional abilities, to date, no studies have explored older adults' perceptions of weakness and its association with ageing...
- Rural and urban older adults' perspectives of strength in their daily livesKathy L Rush
School of Nursing, University of British Columbia Okanagan, Kelowna, Canada, BC V1V 1V7
Appl Nurs Res 26:10-6. 2013..The purpose of this study was to understand older adults' perspectives of strength in their daily lives...
- Best practices of formal new graduate nurse transition programs: an integrative reviewKathy L Rush
UBC Okanagan School of Nursing, Canada
Int J Nurs Stud 50:345-56. 2013..This information would be useful for organizations in their support and development of formal transition programs for newly hired nurses...
- A photovoice study of older adults' conceptualizations of riskKathy L Rush
Faculty of Health and Social Development, University of British Columbia Okanagan, 3333 University Way, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
J Aging Stud 26:448-58. 2012..Contrary to societal views, older adults view risk as constructive and personally relevant, and as something to be taken and need to be supported in risk taking rather than risk avoidance...
- Mobility adaptations of older adults: a secondary analysisKathy L Rush
University of British Columbia, Okanagan, British Columbia, Canada
Clin Nurs Res 20:81-100. 2011..The SOC model offered a framework for profiling older adults' agency and motivations in meeting mobility challenges as they age and provided the basis for targeted interventions to maximize mobility with aging...
- The self as role model in health promotion scale: development and testingKathy L Rush
University of British Columbia Okanagan, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
West J Nurs Res 32:814-32. 2010..Cronbach's alpha for the total scale was .91. The new multidimensional SARMHEP was shown to have beginning validity and reliability...
- Critical thinking among RN-to-BSN distance students participating in human patient simulationKathy L Rush
Faculty of Health and Social Development, University of British Columbia Okanagan, British Columbia, Canada
J Nurs Educ 47:501-7. 2008..Data were analyzed using Scheffer and Rubenfeld's conceptualization of critical thinking. Findings revealed that simulation used by distance delivery cultivated critical thinking in RN-to-BSN students...
- Nursing students' self-perceptions as insiders in the practice cultureKathy L Rush
School of Nursing, University of British Columbia Okanagan, 3333 University Way, Kelowna, BC V1V 1V7, Canada
Nurse Educ Pract 9:314-21. 2009..Students identified multiple factors that influenced their insider perceptions. Implications of these finding are discussed...
- Patient falls: acute care nurses' experiencesKathy L Rush
Faculty of Health and Social Development, School of Nursing, University of British Columbia Okanagan, Kelowna, BC, Canada
J Clin Nurs 18:357-65. 2009..To describe the findings from a qualitative study exploring acute care nurses' experiences with patient falls...
- Connecting practice to evidence using laptop computers in the classroomKathy Lynn Rush
School of Nursing, University of British Columbia Okanagan, Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada
Comput Inform Nurs 26:190-6; quiz 197-8. 2008..Student feedback and educator reflections highlight the value of the technology in expediting student learning and comfort with evidence-based practice...