Darryl B Rolfson
Affiliation: University of Alberta
- Validity and reliability of the Edmonton Frail ScaleDarryl B Rolfson
Division of Geriatric Medicine, University of Alberta, B139C Clin Sci Building, 8440 112 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, T6G 2B7
Age Ageing 35:526-9. 2006
- Comparing frailty measures in their ability to predict adverse outcome among older residents of assisted livingDavid B Hogan
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, HSC 3330 Hospital Drive NW, Calgary, AB, Canada
BMC Geriatr 12:56. 2012..83 items), the Cardiovascular Health Study (CHS) frailty criteria, and the CHESS scale to accurately predict the occurrence of three outcomes among Assisted Living (AL) residents followed over one year...
- An assessment of neurocognitive speed in relation to frailtyDarryl B Rolfson
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Age Ageing 42:191-6. 2013..to evaluate the relationship between neurocognitive speed (NCS) and frailty; to consider how this relationship is affected by how frailty is operationalised...
- Incidence and risk factors for delirium and other adverse outcomes in older adults after coronary artery bypass graft surgeryD B Rolfson
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Can J Cardiol 15:771-6. 1999..To determine the incidence and risk factors for delirium after coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) surgery...
- Frailty and outcome in elderly patients with acute coronary syndromeMichelle M Graham
Department of Medicine and Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada The Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada Electronic address
Can J Cardiol 29:1610-5. 2013..The purpose of this pilot study was to assess the EFS in a group of elderly patients with acute coronary syndrome (ACS)...
- Frailty is associated with postoperative complications in older adults with medical problemsMonidipa Dasgupta
Division of Geriatric Medicine, Department of Medicine, Schulich School of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, Room A3 125, St Josephs Healthcare Centre, 268 Grosvenor Road, London, Ontario N6A 4V2, Canada
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 48:78-83. 2009..9) and a lower chance of being discharged home (40%, p<0.02). This study suggests that a frailty screen can refine risk estimates of postoperative complications in older adults undergoing elective non-cardiac surgery...