J Don Richardson
Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- Examining the association between psychiatric illness and suicidal ideation in a sample of treatment-seeking Canadian peacekeeping and combat veterans with posttraumatic stress disorder PTSDJ Don Richardson
Operational Stress Injury Clinic, Parkwood Hospital, St Joseph s Health Care London, London, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 57:496-504. 2012....
- Association of PTSD and depression with medical and specialist care utilization in modern peacekeeping veterans in Canada with health-related disabilitiesJ Don Richardson
Operational Stress Injury Clinic, St Joseph s Health Care London, Parkwood Hospital, London, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1240-5. 2006..We examined the relative associations between posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and depression severity with medical and specialist care use in modern peacekeeping veterans with health-related disabilities...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and associated risk factors in Canadian peacekeeping veterans with health-related disabilitiesJ Don Richardson
Operational Stress Injury Clinic, Parkwood Hospital, St Joseph s Health Care London, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 52:510-8. 2007..This study investigates posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and its associated risk factors in a random, national, Canadian sample of United Nations peacekeeping veterans with service-related disabilities...
- Posttraumatic stress disorder and health-related quality of life among a sample of treatment- and pension-seeking deployed Canadian Forces peacekeeping veteransJ Don Richardson
Department of Psychiatry, Univeristy of Western Ontario, London, Ontario
Can J Psychiatry 53:594-600. 2008..To examine the health-related quality of life (HRQOL) in deployed Canadian Forces peacekeeping veterans, addressing associations with posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and depression severity...
- Post-traumatic stress disorder and health problems among medically ill Canadian peacekeeping veteransJ Don Richardson
Operational Stress Injury Clinic, Parkwood Hospital, St Joseph s Health Care London, University of Western Ontario, Ontario, Canada
Aust N Z J Psychiatry 43:366-72. 2009....
- Aripiprazole augmentation in the treatment of military-related PTSD with major depression: a retrospective chart reviewJ Don Richardson
Operational Stress Injury Clinic, St, Joseph s Health Care London Parkwood Hospital, London, Ontario, Canada
BMC Psychiatry 11:86. 2011..In this chart review, we attempted to evaluate the benefits of adding aripiprazole in veterans with military-related PTSD and comorbid depression, who had been minimally or partially responsive to their existing medications...
- Predictors of treatment response in Canadian combat and peacekeeping veterans with military-related posttraumatic stress disorderJ Don Richardson
Operational Stress Injury Clinic, St Joseph s Health Care London Parkwood Hospital, 801 Commissioners Road East, London, Ontario, Canada
J Nerv Ment Dis 199:639-45. 2011..This study demonstrated that, despite considerable comorbidity, significant treatment gains, including remission of PTSD, can be achieved in an outpatient setting in veterans with chronic military-related PTSD...
- Predictors of likelihood and intensity of past-year mental health service use in an active Canadian military sampleDeniz Fikretoglu
Defense Research and Development Canada, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychiatr Serv 60:358-66. 2009..The likelihood and intensity of services were examined across two provider types--mental health providers and medical providers...
- Outpatient medical and mental healthcare utilization models among military veterans: results from the 2001 National Survey of VeteransJon D Elhai
Disaster Mental Health Institute, The University of South Dakota, Vermillion, SD 57069, USA
J Psychiatr Res 42:858-67. 2008..The results demonstrate that need remains an important factor that drives healthcare use among veterans and does not seem to be overshadowed by socioeconomic factors that may create unfair disparities in treatment access...