Donna E Reece
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in Hodgkin diseaseDonna E Reece
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Curr Opin Oncol 14:165-70. 2002....
- Treatment of relapsed and refractory myelomaDonna E Reece
Program for Multiple Myeloma and Related Diseases, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Leuk Lymphoma 49:1470-85. 2008....
- Phase I-II trial of bortezomib plus oral cyclophosphamide and prednisone in relapsed and refractory multiple myelomaDonna E Reece
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Ave, Suite 5 207, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2M9 Canada
J Clin Oncol 26:4777-83. 2008....
- Comparison of twin and autologous transplants for multiple myelomaAsad Bashey
BMT Group of Georgia, Atlanta, GA, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1118-24. 2008..49, 95% confidence interval [CI] 0.28-0.86, P = .011). Twin transplants have a significantly lower relapse risk than autotransplants in MM, suggesting that graft composition may impact outcomes following high-dose chemotherapy...
- Practical approaches to the use of lenalidomide in multiple myeloma: a canadian consensusDonna Reece
Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 2M9
Adv Hematol 2012:621958. 2012..New directions for the use of lenalidomide in RRMM are also considered...
- Posttransplantation maintenance therapy and optimal frontline therapy in myelomaDonna E Reece
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Hematology Am Soc Hematol Educ Program 2011:197-204. 2011..This article reviews the different regimens used with ASCT, with an emphasis on randomized trials...
- Outcome of patients with IgD and IgM multiple myeloma undergoing autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation: a retrospective CIBMTR studyDonna E Reece
Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 10:458-63. 2010..In particular, the outcome after autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (auto-HCT) has not been well defined...
- Weekly and twice-weekly bortezomib in patients with systemic AL amyloidosis: results of a phase 1 dose-escalation studyDonna E Reece
Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Blood 114:1489-97. 2009..2 months. Once-weekly and twice-weekly bortezomib appear generally well tolerated in relapsed AL, with promising hematologic responses. This study is registered with http://ClinicalTrials.Gov under identifier NCT00298766...
- Recent trends in the management of newly diagnosed multiple myelomaDonna E Reece
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Curr Opin Hematol 16:306-12. 2009..This review highlights the current status of different approaches to initial therapy in the era of novel drugs...
- Efficacy and safety of once-weekly and twice-weekly bortezomib in patients with relapsed systemic AL amyloidosis: results of a phase 1/2 studyDonna E Reece
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Blood 118:865-73. 2011..3 mg/m² twice-weekly versus 1.6 mg/m² once-weekly dosing. Both bortezomib dose schedules represent active, well-tolerated regimens in relapsed AL amyloidosis. This study was registered at www.clinicaltrials.gov as #NCT00298766...
- Management of multiple myeloma: the changing landscapeDonna E Reece
Department of Medical Oncology Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 2M9
Blood Rev 21:301-14. 2007..This report highlights some of the key recent findings in multiple myeloma, and describes areas for future research...
- Use of the anti-idiotype breast cancer vaccine 11D10 in conjunction with autologous stem cell transplantation in patients with metastatic breast cancerDonna E Reece
Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Breast Cancer 3:S152-7. 2003..The ability to reliably produce robust immune responses after ASCT is encouraging. Further studies are required to determine if the immune response mediates an antitumor benefit in these patients...
- Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of two doses of bortezomib in patients with relapsed multiple myelomaDonna E Reece
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:57-67. 2011..Characterize bortezomib pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics in relapsed myeloma patients after single and repeat intravenous administration at two doses...
- Central nervous system involvement with multiple myeloma: long term survival can be achieved with radiation, intrathecal chemotherapy, and immunomodulatory agentsChristine I Chen
Department of Medical Oncology and Haematology, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto, ON, Canada
Br J Haematol 162:483-8. 2013..CNS MM is a highly aggressive disease but in our experience, long-term survival can be achieved with the combination of multi-dosing IT chemotherapy, radiation and IMiD-based therapy. ..
- Lenalidomide (Revlimid), bortezomib (Velcade) and dexamethasone for heavily pretreated relapsed or refractory multiple myelomaVictor H Jimenez-Zepeda
Princess Margaret Hospital, Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Toronto, ON, Canada
Leuk Lymphoma 54:555-60. 2013....
- Second autologous stem cell transplantation as salvage therapy for multiple myeloma: impact on progression-free and overall survivalVictor H Jimenez-Zepeda
Princess Margaret Hospital, Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Toronto, ON, Canada
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 18:773-9. 2012..The best outcome was observed in patients whose time to progression was >24 months after first ASCT, as these patients had a subsequent PFS lasting over 1 year and an OS of almost 6 years...
- Weekly cyclophosphamide and alternate-day prednisone: an effective, convenient, and well-tolerated oral treatment for relapsed multiple myeloma after autologous stem cell transplantationYoung Trieu
Department of Medical Oncology Hematolog, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario
Mayo Clin Proc 80:1578-82. 2005..To assess the efficacy and tolerability of weekly oral cyclophosphamide in combination with alternate-day prednisone (CP) as salvage therapy for patients with relapsed multiple myeloma (MM) after autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT)...
- Rapidity and quality of response to steroid-based induction therapy, without the addition of novel agents, does not affect post transplant outcomes in multiple myelomaAnca Prica
Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 13:25-31. 2013..The goal of induction in younger MM patients is to improve performance status and symptoms, enabling autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT). It is unclear whether intensification of induction regimens improves post transplant outcomes...
- Autologous stem cell transplant is an effective therapy for carefully selected patients with AL amyloidosis: experience of a single institutionVictor H Jimenez-Zepeda
Department of Medical Oncology and Haematology, Princess Margaret Cancer Center, Toronto, ON, Canada
Br J Haematol 164:722-8. 2014..Based on this study, patients with BNP <300 pg/ml and/or normal levels of troponin-I should be considered transplant candidates. ..
- Cyclophosphamide and prednisone induction followed by cyclophosphamide mobilization effectively decreases the incidence of engraftment syndrome in patients with POEMS syndrome who undergo stem cell transplantationVictor H Jimenez-Zepeda
Princess Margaret Hospital, Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Am J Hematol 86:873-5. 2011..In addition, the use of CP followed by cyclophosphamide mobilization decreases the incidence of PES leading to less morbidity and mortality rates...
- Expanded safety experience with lenalidomide plus dexamethasone in relapsed or refractory multiple myelomaChristine Chen
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Br J Haematol 146:164-70. 2009..Primary cause of death was disease progression (10%). Safety data confirmed known AEs of lenalidomide plus dexamethasone therapy in patients with relapsed/refractory MM...
- Xbp1s-negative tumor B cells and pre-plasmablasts mediate therapeutic proteasome inhibitor resistance in multiple myelomaChungyee Leung-Hagesteijn
Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto, ON M5G 2M9, Canada
Cancer Cell 24:289-304. 2013..These results reveal the tumor progenitor structure in MM and highlight its role in therapeutic failure...
- A meta-analysis and systematic review of thalidomide for patients with previously untreated multiple myelomaLisa K Hicks
Keenan Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute and Division of Hematology Oncology, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond Street, Room 2065Q, Toronto, ON, Canada M5B 1W8
Cancer Treat Rev 34:442-52. 2008..However, thalidomide is associated with toxicity, particularly a significantly increased risk of VTE...
- A phase II study of ZD6474 (Zactima, a selective inhibitor of VEGFR and EGFR tyrosine kinase in patients with relapsed multiple myeloma--NCIC CTG IND.145Michael J Kovacs
NCIC Clinical Trials Group, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Invest New Drugs 24:529-35. 2006..However, this was not reflected in clinical benefit since none of the patients had a reduction in M protein...
- Carfilzomib in multiple myeloma: gold, silver, or bronze?Donna E Reece
Princess Margaret Hospital, Canada
Blood 120:2776-7. 2012..1)..
- A comparison of lenalidomide/dexamethasone versus cyclophosphamide/lenalidomide/dexamethasone versus cyclophosphamide/bortezomib/dexamethasone in newly diagnosed multiple myelomaMeaghan L Khan
Hematology Oncology, Mayo Clinic Arizona, 13400 East Shea Boulevard, Scottsdale, AZ 85259, USA
Br J Haematol 156:326-33. 2012..In conclusion, CyBorD demonstrated superior responses and less frequent serious toxicity but more neuropathy when compared to RD and CRD. Importantly, 80% of patients treated with modern therapeutic approaches are alive at 4years...
- High-dose chemotherapy and autologous stem cell transplantation for primary refractory or relapsed Hodgkin lymphoma: long-term outcome in the first 100 patients treated in VancouverJulye C Lavoie
Leukemia Bone Marrow Transplantation Program of British Columbia, Division of Hematology, Vancouver General Hospital, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Blood 106:1473-8. 2005..HD-ASCT can lead to durable remissions in relapsed or refractory HL with acceptable but definite late toxicity. The occurrence of late events necessitates lifelong medical surveillance...
- High-dose therapy and autologous hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for patients with primary systemic amyloidosis: a Center for International Blood and Marrow Transplant Research StudyDavid H Vesole
St Vincent s Comprehensive Cancer Center, New York, NY, USA
Mayo Clin Proc 81:880-8. 2006....
- Comparable outcomes in nonsecretory and secretory multiple myeloma after autologous stem cell transplantationShaji Kumar
Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 14:1134-40. 2008..In this large cohort of patients undergoing ASCT, we found no difference in outcomes of patients with NSM compared to those with SM...
- Autologous or allogeneic stem cell transplantation in patients with Waldenstrom's macroglobulinemiaAthanasios Anagnostopoulos
Medical Oncology, Alexandra Hospital, Athens, Greece
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 12:845-54. 2006..Allogeneic SCT carries a much higher (40%) risk of NRM and should not be considered outside the context of a clinical trial...