Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Epoetin alfa in patients not on chemotherapy - Canadian dataIan Quirt
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Semin Oncol 29:75-80. 2002..Treatment with epoetin alfa was well tolerated. These results demonstrate that epoetin alfa therapy is effective and safe in cancer patients with anemia, regardless of whether they are or are not receiving chemotherapy...
- Epoetin alfa therapy increases hemoglobin levels and improves quality of life in patients with cancer-related anemia who are not receiving chemotherapy and patients with anemia who are receiving chemotherapyI Quirt
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
J Clin Oncol 19:4126-34. 2001..To evaluate efficacy, safety, and quality of life (QOL) changes with epoetin alfa therapy for anemia in patients with nonmyeloid malignancies...
- Phase II study of marimastat (BB-2516) in malignant melanoma: a clinical and tumor biopsy study of the National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials GroupIan Quirt
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Ontario Cancer Institute, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Invest New Drugs 20:431-7. 2002....
- Patients previously transfused or treated with epoetin alfa at low baseline hemoglobin are at higher risk for subsequent transfusion: an integrated analysis of the Canadian experienceIan Quirt
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada MG5 ZM9
Oncologist 11:73-82. 2006....
- Temozolomide for the treatment of metastatic melanoma: a systematic reviewIan Quirt
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Oncologist 12:1114-23. 2007..This systematic review examines the role of temozolomide in patients with metastatic melanoma. Outcomes of interest include response rate, progression-free survival, overall survival, quality of life, and adverse effects...
- Intravenous iron and recombinant erythropoietin for the treatment of postoperative anemiaKeyvan Karkouti
Toronto General Hospital, University Health Network, Department of Anesthesia, 3 Eaton North, 200 Elizabeth Street, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C4, Canada
Can J Anaesth 53:11-9. 2006..To determine if early recovery from severe post-operative anemia is accelerated by iv iron therapy alone or in combination with recombinant erythropoietin (EPO)...
- Systematic review of systemic adjuvant therapy for patients at high risk for recurrent melanomaShailendra Verma
Division of Medical Oncology, Ottawa Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Cancer 106:1431-42. 2006..Until the results of ongoing trials are available, the authors could not state with confidence whether such therapy benefits patients with microscopically detected, sentinel lymph node-positive disease...
- Expansion and characterization of human melanoma tumor-infiltrating lymphocytes (TILs)Linh T Nguyen
Campbell Family Institute for Breast Cancer Research, Ontario Cancer Institute, University Health Network, Toronto, Canada
PLoS ONE 5:e13940. 2010..These protocols still have room for improvement and furthermore are currently only performed at a limited number of institutions. The goal of this work was to develop TILs as a therapeutic product at our institution...
- CCI-779 in metastatic melanoma: a phase II trial of the California Cancer ConsortiumKim Margolin
Division of Medical Oncology, City of Hope Comprehensive Cancer Center, Duarte, California 91010, USA
Cancer 104:1045-8. 2005..CCI-779 is not immunosuppressive when administered on an intermittent schedule, and its toxicity is modest, consisting of nausea, diarrhea, hypertriglyceridemia, thrombocytopenia, asthenia, and follicular dermatitis...
- Single-agent interleukin-2 in the treatment of metastatic melanoma: a systematic reviewTeresa Petrella
Toronto Sunnybrook Regional Cancer Centre, 2075 Bayview Avenue, Toronto, Canada M4N 3M5
Cancer Treat Rev 33:484-96. 2007..Outcomes of interest include objective and complete response rates, duration of response, toxicity and quality of life...
- Phase II trial of flavopiridol, a cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor, in untreated metastatic malignant melanomaSusan Burdette-Radoux
McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Invest New Drugs 22:315-22. 2004..To test the activity of the cyclin dependent kinase (cdk) inhibitor flavopiridol in malignant melanoma, a disease with frequent abnormalities of the cyclin dependent kinase system...