- Shelter-based palliative care for the homeless terminally illTiina Podymow
University of Ottawa, Department of Medicine, Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Palliat Med 20:81-6. 2006..This is a retrospective analysis of a cohort of terminally ill homeless individuals and the effectiveness of shelter-based palliative care. As proof of principle, a cost comparison was performed...
- Dealing with alcoholismTiina Podymow
CMAJ 175:503. 2006
- Shelter-based managed alcohol administration to chronically homeless people addicted to alcoholTiina Podymow
Inner City Health Project, University of Ottawa, and the Department of Medicine, Ottawa Hospital, Ottawa, Ont
CMAJ 174:45-9. 2006....
- The health consequences of poverty in CanadaJeff Turnbull
Can J Public Health 93:405-6. 2002
- Shelter-based convalescence for homeless adultsTiina Podymow
Ottawa Inner City Health Project, University of Ottawa, ON
Can J Public Health 97:379-83. 2006..3% obtained housing. CONCLUSION: A shelter-based convalescence unit can provide health care to homeless persons, treat medical and mental illness, ensure adherence to treatment regimes, decrease substance abuse and assist with housing...
- Hypertension in pregnancyTiina Podymow
Division of Nephrology, McGill University Health Center, Monteal, Quebec, Canada
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 14:178-90. 2007..Early or severe preeclampsia warrants workup postpartum for secondary causes. Pregnancy induced hypertension or preeclampsia are emerging as risk factors for future cardiovascular risk...