Glen J Pearson
Affiliation: University of Alberta
- Evaluation of the use of evidence-based angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor criteria for the treatment of congestive heart failure: opportunities for pharmacists to improve patient outcomesG J Pearson
Division of Cardiology, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Clin Pharm Ther 26:351-61. 2001..The under-utilization and under-dosing of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs) in patients with congestive heart failure (CHF) continues to be a problem observed in clinical practice...
- Maintenance of improved lipid levels following attendance at a cardiovascular risk reduction clinic: a 10-year experienceGlen J Pearson
Department of Medicine, Divisions of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Risk Reduction Clinic, University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Vasc Health Risk Manag 4:1127-35. 2008..We evaluated the impact of a CRRC on lipid levels and assessed the long-term effect of a CRRC in maintaining improved lipid levels following discharge...
- The clinical effect and tolerability of ezetimibe in high-risk patients managed in a specialty cardiovascular risk reduction clinicGlen J Pearson
Division of Cardiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Can J Cardiol 22:939-45. 2006..The effect and tolerability of EZ among patients was evaluated in the clinical setting of a specialty cardiovascular risk reduction clinic at the University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, Alberta. patients and..
- Monitoring of mycophenolate mofetil in orthotopic heart transplant recipients--a systematic reviewDalyce M Zuk
Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB T6G2B7, Canada
Transplant Rev (Orlando) 23:171-7. 2009..To our knowledge, no systematic review of the pharmacokinetic data in orthotopic heart transplant recipients has been published to date...
- 2012 update of the Canadian Cardiovascular Society guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of dyslipidemia for the prevention of cardiovascular disease in the adultTodd J Anderson
Libin Cardiovascular Institute of Alberta, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Can J Cardiol 29:151-67. 2013..The goal is to increase the appropriate use of evidence-based cardiovascular disease event risk assessment in the management of dyslipidemia as a fundamental means of reducing global risk in the Canadian population...
- New advances in antirejection therapyMichael Chan
Heart Transplant Program, University of Alberta Hospitals, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Curr Opin Cardiol 22:117-22. 2007..Recent improvement in survival after transplant has been in large part due to continued advancement in antirejection therapies...
- Tolerability of statin-fibrate and statin-niacin combination therapy in dyslipidemic patients at high risk for cardiovascular eventsTaha H Taher
Department of Medicine, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Am J Cardiol 89:390-4. 2002....
- Clopidogrel-precipitated rhabdomyolysis in a stable heart transplant patientJeffrey R Burton
Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, Division of Cardiology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 41:133-7. 2007....
- Supratherapeutic response to ezetimibe administered with cyclosporineSheri L Koshman
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 39:1561-5. 2005..Careful and consistent monitoring of patients on this combination is also advised...
- Use of OTC and herbal products in patients with cardiovascular diseaseChantal Pharand
Faculty of Pharmacy, Université de Montréal and Hôpital du Sacré Coeur de Montréal, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 37:899-904. 2003..The use of nonprescription and herbal products by the public is rising, resulting in an increased potential for adverse reactions or drug interactions in cardiac patients...