Affiliation: University of Alberta
- Alternative Imaging Modalities in Ischemic Heart Failure (AIMI-HF) IMAGE HF Project I-A: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialEileen O'Meara
Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, QC, Canada
Trials 14:218. 2013....
- Imaging heart failure: current and future applicationsIan Paterson
Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Can J Cardiol 29:317-28. 2013..More data are needed demonstrating the specific clinical value of imaging methods and particularly subclinical disease detection in large-scale, clinical settings...
- Rationale and design of the Multidisciplinary Approach to Novel Therapies in Cardiology Oncology Research Trial (MANTICORE 101--Breast): a randomized, placebo-controlled trial to determine if conventional heart failure pharmacotherapy can prevent trastuzuEdith Pituskin
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
BMC Cancer 11:318. 2011....
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the diagnosis of acute heart transplant rejection: a reviewCraig R Butler
University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 11:7. 2009..This review summarizes the different CMR sequences that can detect heart transplant rejection as well as the strengths and weaknesses of their application...
- Effect of acute high-intensity interval exercise on postexercise biventricular function in mild heart failureCorey R Tomczak
Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicinem, 3 48 Corbett Hall, Univ of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada, T6G 2G4
J Appl Physiol 110:398-406. 2011..Acute high-intensity interval exercise does not impair postexercise biventricular function in patients with nonischemic mild HF...
- A meta-analysis of the effects of exercise training on left ventricular remodeling following myocardial infarction: start early and go longer for greatest exercise benefits on remodelingMark Haykowsky
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Trials 12:92. 2011..The effects of variations in exercise training on left ventricular (LV) remodeling in patients shortly after myocardial infarction (MI) are important but poorly understood...
- Characterization of the relationship between systolic shear strain and early diastolic shear strain rates: insights into torsional recoilRichard B Thompson
Dept of Biomedical Engineering, 1082 Research Transition Facility, Univ of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, T6G 2V2, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 299:H898-907. 2010..Furthermore, these findings suggest that torsional recoil is uncoupled from end-systolic volumes or the associated strains, such as circumferential strain...
- Biventricular apical thrombi demonstrated by contrast-enhanced cardiac MRI following anteroapical STEMI and unsuccessful reperfusion therapyWilliam Keeble
University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, Alberta
Can J Cardiol 24:e51-3. 2008..In addition, late gadolinium enhancement unexpectedly revealed the presence of biventricular apical thrombi. The prevalence of cardiac thrombi and pulmonary emboli may be greater than generally appreciated...