Affiliation: University of Alberta
- Computed tomographic coronary angiography for patients with heart failure (CTA-HF): a randomized controlled trial (IMAGE HF Project 1-C)Benjamin J W Chow
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology, including Cardiac Imaging, The Heart Failure Program, and the Cardiac ResearchMethods Centre, University of Ottawa Heart Institute, 40 Ruskin Street, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4W7, Canada
Trials 14:443. 2013..Acknowledging the aging population, the growing prevalence of HF and the increasing financial burden of healthcare, we need to identify non-invasive diagnostic tests that are available, safe, accurate and cost-effective...
- The Alberta Heart Failure Etiology and Analysis Research Team (HEART) studyJustin A Ezekowitz
Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, 2C2 WMC, 8440 112 Street, Edmonton, AB, Canada
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 14:91. 2014..The current one-year mortality rate after diagnosis of heart failure remains high at >25%. Consequently, new therapeutic strategies need to be developed for this debilitating condition...
- Routine versus selective cardiac magnetic resonance in non-ischemic heart failure - OUTSMART-HF: study protocol for a randomized controlled trial (IMAGE-HF (heart failure) project 1-B)Ian Paterson
Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Trials 14:332. 2013..This will lead to a reduction in the non-specific diagnoses of idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy and HF with preserved ejection fraction...
- Alternative Imaging Modalities in Ischemic Heart Failure (AIMI-HF) IMAGE HF Project I-A: study protocol for a randomized controlled trialEileen O'Meara
Montreal Heart Institute, Montreal, QC, Canada
Trials 14:218. 2013....
- Imaging heart failure: current and future applicationsIan Paterson
Mazankowski Alberta Heart Institute, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Can J Cardiol 29:317-28. 2013..More data are needed demonstrating the specific clinical value of imaging methods and particularly subclinical disease detection in large-scale, clinical settings...
- Rationale and design of the Multidisciplinary Approach to Novel Therapies in Cardiology Oncology Research Trial (MANTICORE 101--Breast): a randomized, placebo-controlled trial to determine if conventional heart failure pharmacotherapy can prevent trastuzuEdith Pituskin
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
BMC Cancer 11:318. 2011....
- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance in the diagnosis of acute heart transplant rejection: a reviewCraig R Butler
University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 11:7. 2009..This review summarizes the different CMR sequences that can detect heart transplant rejection as well as the strengths and weaknesses of their application...
- A meta-analysis of the effects of exercise training on left ventricular remodeling following myocardial infarction: start early and go longer for greatest exercise benefits on remodelingMark Haykowsky
University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Trials 12:92. 2011..The effects of variations in exercise training on left ventricular (LV) remodeling in patients shortly after myocardial infarction (MI) are important but poorly understood...
- Effect of acute high-intensity interval exercise on postexercise biventricular function in mild heart failureCorey R Tomczak
Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicinem, 3 48 Corbett Hall, Univ of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada, T6G 2G4
J Appl Physiol (1985) 110:398-406. 2011..Acute high-intensity interval exercise does not impair postexercise biventricular function in patients with nonischemic mild HF...
- Characterization of the relationship between systolic shear strain and early diastolic shear strain rates: insights into torsional recoilRichard B Thompson
Dept of Biomedical Engineering, 1082 Research Transition Facility, Univ of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, T6G 2V2, Canada
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 299:H898-907. 2010..Furthermore, these findings suggest that torsional recoil is uncoupled from end-systolic volumes or the associated strains, such as circumferential strain...
- Biventricular apical thrombi demonstrated by contrast-enhanced cardiac MRI following anteroapical STEMI and unsuccessful reperfusion therapyWilliam Keeble
University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, Alberta
Can J Cardiol 24:e51-3. 2008..In addition, late gadolinium enhancement unexpectedly revealed the presence of biventricular apical thrombi. The prevalence of cardiac thrombi and pulmonary emboli may be greater than generally appreciated...