F A Patel
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Steroid regulation of prostaglandin dehydrogenase activity and expression in human term placenta and chorio-decidua in relation to laborF A Patel
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:291-9. 1999..We conclude that cortisol inhibits PGDH activity and expression and that progestagens increase PGDH activity in human chorion and placenta...
- Local modulation by 11beta-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase of glucocorticoid effects on the activity of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase in human chorion and placental trophoblast cellsF A Patel
University of Toronto, Department of Physiology, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 84:395-400. 1999..However, F and DEX inhibited PGDH, and the effect of F (but not DEX) was greater in the presence of CBX. In conclusion, we suggest that effects of E and F on PGDH are modified by the tissue-specific expression of 11beta-HSD isoforms...
- Cortisol/progesterone antagonism in regulation of 15-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activity and mRNA levels in human chorion and placental trophoblast cells at termFalguni A Patel
Canadian Institutes for Health Research Group in Fetal and Neonatal Health and Development, Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:700-8. 2002..In the presence of trilostane, P(4) at equimolar concentration to F reversed F inhibition of PGDH mRNA levels. These findings suggest that F may be acting as an endogenous inhibitor of P(4) action in the regulation of PGDH at term...
- Mechanism of cortisol/progesterone antagonism in the regulation of 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase activity and messenger ribonucleic acid levels in human chorion and placental trophoblast cells at termFalguni A Patel
Canadian Institutes for Health Research Group in Fetal and Neonatal Health and Development, Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 88:2922-33. 2003..Our findings suggest that F inhibition and P(4) stimulation of PGDH may be mediated by PR, but also via the GR, in chorion and placenta...
- Glucocorticoid regulation of human and ovine parturition: the relationship between fetal hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis activation and intrauterine prostaglandin productionW L Whittle
MRC Group in Fetal and Neonatal Health and Development, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5A 1A8
Biol Reprod 64:1019-32. 2001....
- The fetal placental hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal (HPA) axis, parturition and post natal healthJ R Challis
Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Med Sciences, Building MSB 3205 7, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
Mol Cell Endocrinol 185:135-44. 2001..Thus, the level of fetal HPA activity is crucial not only for determining gestation length, but may also predict pathophysiologic adjustments in later life...
- Differential changes in 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase and prostaglandin H synthase (types I and II) in human pregnant myometriumD Giannoulias
Canadian Institutes of Health Research in Human Development, Child and Youth Health, Department of Physiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1A8
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 87:1345-52. 2002..A decrease in PGDH protein and activity occurs in association with active labor and may contribute to the amount of bioactive PGs available to act within the human pregnant myometrium at that time...
- 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase and cyclooxygenase 2 messenger ribonucleic acid expression and immunohistochemical localization in human cervical tissue during term and preterm laborSusanne Abelin Törnblom
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Karolinska Hospital and Karolinska Institute, SE 171 76 Stockholm, Sweden
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 89:2909-15. 2004..This observation indicates that both preterm and term cervical ripening is associated with decreased degradation of prostaglandins...