S P Otto
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Sharp N, Otto S. Evolution: Zeroing In on the Rate of Genome Doubling. Curr Biol. 2018;28:R320-R322 pubmed publisher..New experiments with budding yeast shed light on how frequently spontaneous genome doubling occurs within populations and the environmental conditions that favour cells with doubled genomes. ..
- Gerstein A, Ono J, Lo D, Campbell M, Kuzmin A, Otto S. Too much of a good thing: the unique and repeated paths toward copper adaptation. Genetics. 2015;199:555-71 pubmed publisher..Our study thus finds that evolution takes both common and less trodden pathways toward evolving tolerance to an essential, but highly toxic, micronutrient. ..
- ..These recent efforts have clarified the conditions that are most likely to explain why sex is so common, as exemplified by the articles in this symposium issue of the American Naturalist. ..
- DÃ©barre F, Otto S. Evolutionary dynamics of a quantitative trait in a finite asexual population. Theor Popul Biol. 2016;108:75-88 pubmed publisher..Our study provides a clearer picture of the ecological conditions that facilitate the appearance and persistence of novel evolutionary lineages in the face of genetic drift. ..
- MacPherson A, Otto S. Joint coevolutionary-epidemiological models dampen Red Queen cycles and alter conditions for epidemics. Theor Popul Biol. 2018;122:137-148 pubmed publisher..Incorporating both explicit epidemiology and genetic diversity may have important implications for the maintenance of sexual reproduction as well as disease management. ..