Elizabeth A Osuch
Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- Preliminary findings of uncoupling of flow and metabolism in unipolar compared with bipolar affective illness and normal controlsRobert T Dunn
Biological Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, NIH, 10 Center Drive MSC 1272, Bethesda, MD 20892 1272, USA
Psychiatry Res 140:181-98. 2005....
- Repetitive TMS combined with exposure therapy for PTSD: a preliminary studyElizabeth A Osuch
Biological Psychiatry Branch, National Institute of Mental Health, Clinical Center Nursing Department, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, United States
J Anxiety Disord 23:54-9. 2009..Active rTMS with exposure may have symptomatic and physiological effects. Larger studies are needed to confirm these preliminary findings and verify whether rTMS plus exposure therapy has a role in the treatment of PTSD...
- Brain activation to favorite music in healthy controls and depressed patientsElizabeth A Osuch
Department of Psychiatry, University of Western Ontario, London, ON N6A3H8, Canada
Neuroreport 20:1204-8. 2009..This paradigm activated neurocircuitry of reward processing and showed clinically meaningful alterations in depression...
- Neurophysiological responses to traumatic reminders in the acute aftermath of serious motor vehicle collisions using [15O]-H2O positron emission tomographyElizabeth A Osuch
Department of Psychiatry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Biol Psychiatry 64:327-35. 2008..However, neural responses arising in the early aftermath of a traumatic event have not been studied...
- Default mode network connectivity: effects of age, sex, and analytic approachRobyn L Bluhm
Department of Psychiatry, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Canada
Neuroreport 19:887-91. 2008..Age and sex differences were small and there was less agreement between analytic techniques regarding age and sex effects than regarding default mode network structure...
- Spontaneous low-frequency fluctuations in the BOLD signal in schizophrenic patients: anomalies in the default networkRobyn L Bluhm
Department of Psychiatry, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
Schizophr Bull 33:1004-12. 2007..Because these data suggest significant abnormalities in resting-state neural networks in schizophrenia, further investigations of spontaneous slow fluctuations of the BOLD signal seem warranted in this population...
- Correlation of brain default mode network activation with bipolarity index in youth with mood disordersKristen A Ford
University of Western Ontario, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, Department of Psychiatry, London, Ontario, Canada
J Affect Disord 150:1174-8. 2013..Here we have utilized fMRI and a measure of trait bipolarity to examine resting-state functional connectivity of brain activation in the default mode network in youth with MDD and BD to isolate trait-specific patterns...
- Domestic violence and deployment in US Army soldiersJames E McCarroll
Department of Psychiatry, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, Maryland 20817, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 191:3-9. 2003..05. Prevention and intervention programs for postdeployment domestic violence shortly after return should target age and persons with a domestic violence history rather than deployment per se...
- Emotion-related brain activity to conflicting socio-emotional cues in unmedicated depressionSteven G Greening
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Schulich School of Medicine and Dentistry, London, Ontario, Canada Brain and Mind Institute, London, Ontario, Canada
J Affect Disord 150:1136-41. 2013..We sought to determine how the task relevance of socio-emotional cues impacts neural encoding of emotion in depression...
- Clinical predictors of response to lamotrigine and gabapentin monotherapy in refractory affective disordersGabriela V Obrocea
National Institute of Mental Health, Biological Psychiatry Branch, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Biol Psychiatry 51:253-60. 2002..The objective of the current study was to examine possible clinical predictors of positive response to lamotrigine or gabapentin monotherapy in treatment-refractory affectively ill patients...