Chizimuzo T C Okoli
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Sex differences in smoking cessation outcomes of a tailored program for individuals with substance use disorders and mental illnessChizimuzo T C Okoli
British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women s Health, E311 4500 Oak Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Addict Behav 36:523-6. 2011..These factors may be important in the design of enhanced tailored treatments and development of future SC programs for individuals with SUD and MI...
- Smoking cessation interventions among individuals in methadone maintenance: a brief reviewChizimuzo T C Okoli
British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women s Health, Box 48, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada V6H 3N1
J Subst Abuse Treat 38:191-9. 2010....
- Differences in the smoking identities of adolescent boys and girlsChizimuzo T C Okoli
British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women s Health, E311 4500 Oak Street, Box 48, Vancouver, BC V6H 3N1, Canada
Addict Behav 36:110-5. 2011..To assess sex-disaggregated differences in youths' characterizations of their own smoking behavior...
- Health care providers' engagement in smoking cessation with pregnant smokersChizimuzo T C Okoli
British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women s Health, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Obstet Gynecol Neonatal Nurs 39:64-77. 2010..To review how health care providers' (HCPs) engage in smoking cessation (SC) with pregnant smokers, and to examine the effect of system-level approaches and training initiatives to promote SC provision by HCPs...
- Do researcher-derived classifications of youths' smoking behavior correspond with youths' characterizations of their behavior?Chizimuzo T C Okoli
British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women s Health, Vancouver, BC, Canada V6H 3N1
Addict Behav 34:984-92. 2009..To describe the categories employed by researchers to describe adolescents' smoking behavior and to determine how these various categorizations compare with youths' self-defined smoking status...
- Non-smoking youths' "perceived" addiction to tobacco is associated with their susceptibility to future smokingChizimuzo T C Okoli
BC Centre of Excellence for Women s Health and University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Addict Behav 34:1010-6. 2009..Perceived mental addiction to tobacco appears to be an important indicator of smoking susceptibility...
- Gender-specific profiles of tobacco use among non-institutionalized people with serious mental illnessJoy L Johnson
School of Nursing, University of British Columbia, T201 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC, Canada
BMC Psychiatry 10:101. 2010....
- An examination of the relationship between adolescents' initial smoking experience and their exposure to peer and family member smokingChizimuzo T C Okoli
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Addict Behav 33:1183-91. 2008..The present findings suggest that exposure to smoking from peers and family members may be an important factor to consider in understanding youths initial smoking experiences...
- Smoking cessation programs targeted to women: a systematic reviewIris Torchalla
British Columbia Centre of Excellence for Women s Health Vancouver, BC, Canada
Women Health 52:32-54. 2012..Developing approaches that fully account for the multiple challenges treatment-seeking women face is still an area of research...
- Correlates of secondhand tobacco smoke exposure among persons with severe and persistent mental illness (SPMI) accessing community mental health servicesChizimuzo T C Okoli
NEXUS, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Community Ment Health J 45:188-98. 2009..There is a need for the enactment and enforcement of policies to curtail SHS exposure in outdoor, public, settings. Future research will be necessary to better understand the extent and impact of SHS exposure in this population...
- Empirical support for a multi-dimensional model of sensations experienced by youth during their initial smoking episodesChris G Richardson
School of Population and Public Health, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Addiction 105:1827-34. 2010..To examine the dimensionality of sensations experienced during initial tobacco smoking...
- Correlates of smoking among adolescents with asthmaSu Er Guo
School of Nursing, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, Canada
J Clin Nurs 19:701-11. 2010..This study examined the correlates of smoking among asthmatic adolescents to gain a better understanding of who is at particular risk...
- Does household structure affect adolescent smoking?Neda Razaz-Rahmati
School of Population and Public Health, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Public Health Nurs 29:191-7. 2012..To examine household structure when studying determinants of youth smoking, as the configuration of a family is an important factor in the etiology of adolescent problem behaviors...
- Smoking and predictors of nicotine dependence in a homeless populationIris Torchalla
Centre for Health Evaluation and Outcome Sciences, St Paul s Hospital, Vancouver, Canada
Nicotine Tob Res 13:934-42. 2011..lowly dependent smokers vs. highly dependent smokers)...
- The tobacco-dependence clinic: intensive tobacco-dependence treatment in an addiction services outpatient settingMilan Khara
Vancouver Costal Health Tobacco Dependence Clinic, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Am J Addict 20:45-55. 2011..Drug treatment clients can successfully quit smoking at rates similar to the general population when given access to intensive tobacco-dependence treatment. ..
- Secondhand tobacco smoke exposure, nicotine dependence, and smoking cessationChizimuzo T C Okoli
NEXUS, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Public Health Nurs 25:46-56. 2008..To explore the association among the number of sources of secondhand tobacco smoke (SHS) exposure, nicotine dependence (ND), and smoking cessation...
- Measuring tobacco smoke exposure among smoking and nonsmoking bar and restaurant workersChizimuzo T C Okoli
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia
Biol Res Nurs 9:81-9. 2007..Although most biomarkers of tobacco-smoke exposure have a relatively short half-life, hair nicotine can measure several months of cumulative SHS exposure...