Ken D Oakes
Affiliation: University of Waterloo
- Biomonitoring of perfluorochemicals and toxicity to the downstream fish community of Etobicoke Creek following deployment of aqueous film-forming foamKen D Oakes
Dept of Biology, University of Waterloo, 200 University Ave W, Waterloo, ON, Canada N2L 3G1
Aquat Toxicol 98:120-9. 2010..This study suggests contemporary AFFFs exert relatively low toxicity on fish communities under realistic exposure scenarios...
- Application of solid-phase microextraction for in vivo laboratory and field sampling of pharmaceuticals in fishSimon Ningsun Zhou
Department of Chemistry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Environ Sci Technol 42:6073-9. 2008..Based on this study, SPME demonstrated several important advantages such as simplicity, sensitivity, and robustness under laboratory and in vivo field sampling conditions...
- Optimization of solid phase microextraction for non-lethal in vivo determination of selected pharmaceuticals in fish muscle using liquid chromatography-mass spectrometryOluranti P Togunde
Department of Chemistry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario N2L 3G1, Canada
J Chromatogr A 1261:99-106. 2012..This study demonstrates improved in vivo SPME sensitivity (recovery) and extraction rates during pre-equilibrium sampling of target pharmaceuticals in fish tissue due to the improved C(18) extraction phase geometry...
- Validation and use of in vivo solid phase micro-extraction (SPME) for the detection of emerging contaminants in fishShuang Wang
Department of Biology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Chemosphere 85:1472-80. 2011....
- The effects of tertiary treated municipal wastewater on fish communities of a small river tributary in Southern Ontario, CanadaCarolyn J M Brown
Department of Biology, University of Waterloo, 200 University Ave W, Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1, Canada
Environ Pollut 159:1923-31. 2011..Rainbow Darter may be exploiting a food source that is not as available at upstream sites giving them a competitive advantage over the Greenside Darter immediately downstream of the outfall...
- Solid-phase microextraction coupled to LC-ESI-MS/MS: evaluation and correction for matrix-induced ionization suppression/enhancement for pharmaceutical analysis in biological and environmental samplesXu Zhang
Department of Biology, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L 3G1, Canada
Anal Chem 83:6532-8. 2011..This study provides a framework for applying SPME within complex sample systems where the influences of ME are inevitable, thus ensuring more accurate quantitation of analytes during biological and environmental analysis...
- Hydrothermal growth of free standing TiO2 nanowire membranes for photocatalytic degradation of pharmaceuticalsAnming Hu
Centre for Advanced Materials Joining, Department of Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering, University of Waterloo, 200 University Avenue West, Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1, Canada
J Hazard Mater 189:278-85. 2011..These porous TiO(2) membranes, while effective for mechanical microfiltration, can also photocatalytically degrade pharmaceuticals such as trimethoprim under UV irradiation...
- Use of simultaneous dual-probe microdialysis for the determination of pesticide residues in a jade plant (Crassula ovata)Simon Ningsun Zhou
Department of Chemistry, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, ON, Canada N2L 3G1
Analyst 134:748-54. 2009..Subsequent in vivo application of this technique for the determination of pesticide distributions in leaves of a jade plant (Crassula ovata) indicated the utility of this approach in complex living matrices...