Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Genome-wide analysis of intracellular pH reveals quantitative control of cell division rate by pH(c) in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeRick Orij
Molecular Biology and Microbial Food Safety, Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences, University of Amsterdam, Science Park 904, 1098 XH Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Genome Biol 13:R80. 2012..Since small changes in pH(c) can lead to major changes in metabolism, signal transduction, and phenotype, we decided to analyze pH(c) control...
- Identification of yeast genes that confer resistance to chitosan oligosaccharide (COS) using chemogenomicsMaria D L A Jaime
Department of Cell and Systems Biology, University of Toronto, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
BMC Genomics 13:267. 2012..COS is relatively non-toxic to mammals. By identifying the molecular and genetic targets of COS, we hope to gain a better understanding of the antifungal mode of action of COS...
- Combining chemical genomics screens in yeast to reveal spectrum of effects of chemical inhibition of sphingolipid biosynthesisDanielle Kemmer
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
BMC Microbiol 9:9. 2009..Single genome-wide screens for the effect of altered gene dosage on drug sensitivity in the model organism Saccharomyces cerevisiae provide only a partial picture of the mechanism of action of a drug...
- A comprehensive platform for highly multiplexed mammalian functional genetic screensTroy Ketela
Donnelly Centre and Banting and Best Department of Medical Research, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
BMC Genomics 12:213. 2011..The Gene Modulation Array Platform (GMAP) is a single microarray-based detection solution for deconvolution of loss and gain-of-function pooled screens...
- Novel insights into iron metabolism by integrating deletome and transcriptome analysis in an iron deficiency model of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeWilliam J Jo
Department of Nutritional Sciences and Toxicology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720, USA
BMC Genomics 10:130. 2009..The resulting analysis provides a global perspective on the cellular processes involved in iron metabolism...
- Nucleosome-coupled expression differences in closely-related speciesYuanfang Guan
Lewis Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA
BMC Genomics 12:466. 2011..The degree to which nucleosome-motif interactions relate to phenotypic changes across species is, however, unknown...