Kenneth A Myers
Affiliation: University of Calgary
- Vibration therapy tolerated in children with duchenne muscular dystrophy: a pilot studyKenneth A Myers
Section of Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, Alberta Children s Hospital, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada Electronic address
Pediatr Neurol 51:126-9. 2014..There has been little research regarding the tolerance to side-alternating vibration therapy in muscle diseases such as Duchenne muscular dystrophy...
- Postictal subcortical restricted diffusion in a child with focal symptomatic epilepsyKenneth A Myers
Section of Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, Alberta Children s Hospital, University of Calgary Faculty of Medicine, Calgary, Alberta, Canada Electronic address
Pediatr Neurol 50:652-4. 2014..Diffusion abnormalities on MRI are well described after prolonged seizures. However, isolated, focal, subcortical restricted diffusion is uncommon...
- Infantile ictal apneas in a child with williams-beuren syndromeKenneth A Myers
Division of Neurology, Department of Pediatrics, Alberta Children s Hospital, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Pediatr Neurol 48:149-51. 2013..Sudden death is seen in Williams-Beuren syndrome, and this case raises the question whether some of these cases may be related to ictal apneas and could potentially be preventable with appropriate pharmaceutical intervention...
- Cerebral edema in maple syrup urine disease despite newborn screening diagnosis and early initiation of treatmentKenneth A Myers
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neurology, Alberta Children s Hospital, University of Calgary, 2888 Shaganappi Dr NW, Calgary, AB, Canada, T3B 6A8
JIMD Rep 3:103-6. 2012....
- Thoracic myelopathy secondary to seizure following scoliosis surgeryKenneth A Myers
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Neurology, Alberta Children s Hospital, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
J Child Neurol 27:914-6. 2012..Surgical decompression and stabilization led to a complete neurologic recovery. This unusual presentation of myelopathy illustrates the need to consider this complication in patients with epilepsy and spinal instrumentation...
- Diabetic patients with psychiatric illnessKenneth A Myers
Faculty of Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4N1, Canada
Curr Diabetes Rev 6:222-7. 2010..This paper reviews literature related to the interplay between these pathologies and the consequent clinical challenge faced by physicians...
- Holiday reading: Cigarette smoking: an underused tool in high-performance endurance trainingKenneth A Myers
Department of Medicine, University of Calgary, Alberta, Canada
CMAJ 182:E867-9. 2010..The following paper seeks to illustrate this point, using existing research to argue the hypothesis that cigarette smoking enhances endurance performance and should be incorporated into high-level training programs...
- Late-onset Leclercia adecarboxylata bacteraemia in a premature infant in the NICUK A Myers
Department of Paediatrics, Division of Neurology, University of Calgary, Alberta Children s Hospital, Canada
Acta Paediatr 101:e37-9. 2012..The case raises the possibility that prior courses of antibiotics may have predisposed this individual to a rare infection essentially limited to immunocompromised individuals...