Genomes and Genes
D M Mutch
Affiliation: University of Guelph
- Association between circulating ascorbic acid, α-tocopherol, 25-hydroxyvitamin D, and plasma cytokine concentrations in young adults: a cross-sectional studyBibiana Garcia-Bailo
Office of Biotechnology, Genomics and Population Health, Public Health Agency of Canada, 180 Queen Street West, 11th Floor, Toronto, ON M5V 3L7, Canada
Nutr Metab (Lond) 9:102. 2012..abstract:..
- Ethnic- and sex-specific associations between plasma fatty acids and markers of insulin resistance in healthy young adultsJessica C Ralston
Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Nutr Metab (Lond) 10:42. 2013..Therefore, the goal of this study was to examine the ethnic- and sex-specific relationships between plasma FA and markers of IR in a cohort of healthy young Caucasian, East Asian, and South Asian adults...
- Genetic variation in lipid desaturases and its impact on the development of human diseaseDiana M Merino
University of Guelph, Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, Guelph N1G 2W1, Canada
Lipids Health Dis 9:63. 2010....
- Using gene expression to predict the secretome of differentiating human preadipocytesD M Mutch
INSERM, UMRS U872 Eq 7 Nutriomique, Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Paris, France
Int J Obes (Lond) 33:354-63. 2009..To characterize the secretome of differentiating human preadipocytes using global gene expression profiling...
- Metabolite profiling identifies candidate markers reflecting the clinical adaptations associated with Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgeryDavid M Mutch
Nutriomique U872 Team 7, Institut National de la Sante et de la Recherche Medicale, Paris, France
PLoS ONE 4:e7905. 2009..To generate further insight into the numerous metabolic adaptations associated with RYGB surgery, we profiled serum metabolites before and after gastric bypass surgery and integrated metabolite changes with clinical data...
- A distinct adipose tissue gene expression response to caloric restriction predicts 6-mo weight maintenance in obese subjectsDavid M Mutch
INSERM, U, Nutriomique, Paris, France
Am J Clin Nutr 94:1399-409. 2011..Weight loss has been shown to reduce risk factors associated with cardiovascular disease and diabetes; however, successful maintenance of weight loss continues to pose a challenge...
- Fatty acid-gene interactions, adipokines and obesityC Stryjecki
Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Clin Nutr 65:285-97. 2011....
- Unraveling the adipocyte inflammomodulatory pathways activated by North American ginsengS A F Wilson
Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, The University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Int J Obes (Lond) 37:350-6. 2013..To date, the bioactive role of ginseng on adipocytes remains relatively unexplored...
- Cathepsin S genotypes are associated with Apo-A1 and HDL-cholesterol in lean and obese French populationsN Spielmann
INSERM, Nutriomique U872, Paris, France Centre de Recherche des Cordeliers, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6, UMR S 872, Paris, France
Clin Genet 74:155-63. 2008..03). These results provide the first evidence that CTSS sequence variations are associated with two human metabolic risk factors for cardiovascular diseases: plasma Apo-A1 and HDL-C concentrations...
- Harnessing metabolomics for nutrition researchMichael A Zulyniak
Department of Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, N1G 2W1, Canada
Curr Pharm Biotechnol 12:1005-15. 2011..Considering these important areas at the experimental design stage will ensure that metabolomics provides a comprehensive and accurate assessment of the molecular impact of a dietary intervention...