Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Safin D, Pialat A, Leitch A, Tumanov N, Korobkov I, Filinchuk Y, et al. Anion-induced Ag(I) self-assemblies with electron deficient aromatic ligands: anion-Ï€-system interactions as a driving force for templated coordination networks. Chem Commun (Camb). 2015;51:9547-50 pubmed publisher..The formation of these supramolecular assemblies was templated through anion-Ï€-system interactions. ..
- Jiang Y, Brunet G, Holmberg R, Habib F, Korobkov I, Murugesu M. Terminal solvent effects on the anisotropy barriers of Dy2 systems. Dalton Trans. 2016;45:16709-16715 pubmed..Notably, the exchange of DMF for i-PrOH, both of which coordinate through a single oxygen atom, results in a near 2-fold increase in Ueff, from 58 to 98 K, for 1 and 2, respectively. ..
- Holmberg R, Kuo C, Gabidullin B, Wang C, Clérac R, Murugesu M, et al. A propeller-shaped ?4-carbonate hexanuclear dysprosium complex with a high energetic barrier to magnetisation relaxation. Dalton Trans. 2016;45:16769-16773 pubmed
- Holmberg R, Burns T, Greer S, Kobera L, Stoian S, Korobkov I, et al. Intercalation of Coordinatively Unsaturated Fe(III) Ion within Interpenetrated Metal-Organic Framework MOF-5. Chemistry. 2016;22:7711-5 pubmed publisher..This new MOF structure displays the potential for metal-site addition as a framework connector, thus creating further opportunity for the innovative development of new MOF materials. ..
- Holmberg R, Ho L, Ungur L, Korobkov I, Chibotaru L, Murugesu M. Observation of unusual slow-relaxation of the magnetisation in a Gd-EDTA chelate. Dalton Trans. 2015;44:20321-5 pubmed publisher..This surprising magnetic behaviour for Gd(III) is investigated using SQUID magnetometry and rationalized through theoretical calculations. ..
- Safin D, Frost J, Murugesu M. The renaissance of 2,4,6-tris(2-pyrimidyl)-1,3,5-triazine (TPymT) coordination chemistry. Dalton Trans. 2015;44:20287-94 pubmed publisher..Herein, we describe an overview of this body of work as it stands, and discuss its potential impact in a variety of areas including porous materials, catalysis and crystal engineering. ..
- Brunet G, Safin D, Robeyns K, Facey G, Korobkov I, Filinchuk Y, et al. Confinement effects of a crystalline sponge on ferrocene and ferrocene carboxaldehyde. Chem Commun (Camb). 2017;53:5645-5648 pubmed publisher..The confinement effects of a crystalline sponge host are investigated where, notably, we observe an enhanced rotation of the ligand ring once encapsulated by the nanoporous framework, as evidenced by SSNMR experiments. ..