Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- Event-related potential measures of the inhibition of information processing: I. Selective attention in the waking stateAlexandra Muller-Gass
School of Psychology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa, Canada K1N 6N5
Int J Psychophysiol 46:177-95. 2002..For this reason, the study of unconscious states, such as sleep, may prove to be especially fruitful in understanding the effects of attention in the waking state...
- "...and were instructed to read a self-selected book while ignoring the auditory stimuli": the effects of task demands on the mismatch negativityAlexandra Muller-Gass
School of Psychology, University of Ottawa, 145 Jean Jacques Lussier St, Ottawa, Ont, Canada K1N 6N5
Clin Neurophysiol 116:2142-52. 2005..This study examines the effect of variations in the classical reading paradigm on the MMN...
- The effect of visual task difficulty and attentional direction on the detection of acoustic change as indexed by the Mismatch NegativityAlexandra Muller-Gass
School of Psychology, University of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1N 6N5
Brain Res 1078:112-30. 2006..As such, small acoustic changes would benefit from attention whereas the discriminability of larger changes may not be significantly enhanced...
- The extent of processing of near-hearing threshold stimuli during natural sleepKenneth Campbell
School of Psychology, University of Ottawa, Canada
Sleep 34:1243-9. 2011..Sleep normally occurs in much less noisy environments. The present study therefore employed ERPs to examine the extent of processing of very low intensity (near-hearing threshold) stimuli...
- The effects of total sleep deprivation on semantic priming: Event-related potential evidence for automatic and controlled processing strategiesRocío López Zunini
School of Psychology, University of Ottawa, Ottawa K1N 6N5, Canada Electronic address
Brain Cogn 84:14-25. 2014..A picture priming task was also run. This task benefits less from the use of a predictive strategy. Accordingly, in this task, ERPs following the target did not differ as a function of the amount of sleep. ..
- Perceptual and cognitive task difficulty has differential effects on auditory distractionAlexandra Muller-Gass
Institut fur Psychologie I, Universitat Leipzig, Seeburgstr 14 20, 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Brain Res 1136:169-77. 2007..When the processing requirements of a task demand more highly focused attention for stimulus processing, the processing of the distracting information embedded within this stimulus may inadvertently also benefit from this attention...
- Automatic detection of lexical change: an auditory event-related potential studyAlexandra Muller-Gass
Institute for Psychology I, University of Leipzig, Leipzig, Germany
Neuroreport 18:1747-51. 2007..We propose that, following lexical analysis of the incoming stimuli, a mental representation of the lexical regularity is formed and used as a template against which lexical change can be detected...
- The effects of very slow rates of stimulus presentation on event-related potential estimates of hearing thresholdAlexandra Muller-Gass
Audiology and Speech Language Pathology Program, School of Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Ottawa, Canada
Int J Audiol 47:34-43. 2008..Therefore, the N1-P2 recorded with long ISIs was not more precise in estimating threshold than that recorded with short ISIs, remaining visible to within 10 dB of behavioural threshold...