Affiliation: University of Guelph
- More information than you ever wanted: does Facebook bring out the green-eyed monster of jealousy?Amy Muise
Department of Psychology, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Cyberpsychol Behav 12:441-4. 2009..Our study provides evidence of Facebook's unique contributions to the experience of jealousy in romantic relationships...
- Sexual identity and sexual well-being in female heterosexual university studentsAmy Muise
Department of Psychology, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
Arch Sex Behav 39:915-25. 2010..However, other aspects of sexual identity, such as synthesis and sexual orientation identity, were not predictive of sexual well-being. The implications of using an identity framework for measuring sexual identity are discussed...
- Information disclosure and control on Facebook: are they two sides of the same coin or two different processes?Emily Christofides
Department of Psychology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Cyberpsychol Behav 12:341-5. 2009..Implications of these findings and suggestions for future research are discussed...
- Reputation management on facebook: awareness is key to protecting yourself, your practice, and the veterinary professionCynthia A Weijs
Department of Population Medicine, Ontario Veterinary College C W, J C, and Psychology Department A M, E C, S D, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada
J Am Anim Hosp Assoc 50:227-36. 2014..Raising awareness of reputation management and consequences of posting certain types of information to Facebook is integral to protecting the individual, the practice, and the veterinary profession. ..
- Facebook use among early-career veterinarians in Ontario, Canada (March to May 2010)Cynthia A Weijs
Department of Population Medicine, Ontario Veterinary College, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada
J Am Vet Med Assoc 242:1083-90. 2013..To explore the nature and content of information publicly posted to Facebook by early-career veterinarians...
- Understanding veterinary students' use of and attitudes toward the social networking site, Facebook, to assist in developing curricula to address online professionalismJason B Coe
Department of Population Medicine, Ontario Veterinary College, Guelph, ON, Canada
J Vet Med Educ 39:297-303. 2012..Educators and administrators at veterinary schools may use this information to assist in developing veterinary curricula that addresses the escalating issue of online professionalism...
- Getting it on versus getting it over with: sexual motivation, desire, and satisfaction in intimate bondsAmy Muise
1University of Toronto Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 39:1320-32. 2013..In all studies, the associations between sexual goals and enhanced satisfaction as reported by both partners were mediated by sexual desire. Implications for research on sexual motivation and close relationships are discussed. ..
- Post sex affectionate exchanges promote sexual and relationship satisfactionAmy Muise
Department of Psychology, University of Toronto Mississauga, 3359 Mississauga Road North, Mississauga, ON, L5L 1C6, Canada
Arch Sex Behav 43:1391-402. 2014..The findings suggest that the period after sex is a critical time for promoting satisfaction in intimate bonds. ..
- When is being known or adored by romantic partners most beneficial? Self-perceptions, relationship length, and responses to partner's verifying and enhancing appraisalsLorne Campbell
University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada, N6A 5C2
Pers Soc Psychol Bull 32:1283-94. 2006..The importance of relationship length in moderating responses to partner's appraisals is discussed...