Linda M McLean
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- The relationship between childhood sexual abuse, complex post-traumatic stress disorder and alexithymia in two outpatient samples: examination of women treated in community and institutional clinicsLinda M McLean
Princess Margaret Hospital, Psychosocial Oncology and Palliative Care, Room 16 755, 610 University Ave, Toronto, ON, Canada
J Child Sex Abus 15:1-17. 2006..The findings may have implications regarding types of treatment available in community versus clinic settings...
- A review of distress and its management in couples facing end-of-life cancerLinda M McLean
Psychosocial Oncology and Palliative Care, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Canada
Psychooncology 16:603-16. 2007..Outcomes, such as more effective communication, reduction in the experience of hopelessness, uncertainty, isolation, depression, anxiety, and more adaptive coping strategies should be considered...
- Marital therapy for couples facing advanced cancer: case reviewLinda M McLean
Psychosocial Oncology and Palliative Care, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Palliat Support Care 5:303-13. 2007..Both are activated and challenged in this population because the continuity of the marital bond is threatened, as well as the balance of reciprocal caregiving, often resulting in heightened marital distress...
- A couples intervention for patients facing advanced cancer and their spouse caregivers: outcomes of a pilot studyLinda M McLean
Department of Psychosocial Oncology and Palliative Care, Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychooncology 17:1152-6. 2008..A secondary objective was to determine its impact on other symptoms of psychosocial distress and its feasibility and acceptability as a clinical intervention...
- Examination of couples' attachment security in relation to depression and hopelessness in maritally distressed patients facing end-stage cancer and their spouse caregivers: a buffer or facilitator of psychosocial distress?Linda M McLean
Department of Psychosocial Oncology and Palliative Care 16 755, University Health Network, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
Support Care Cancer 19:1539-48. 2011....
- Childhood trauma, attachment style, and a couple's experience of terminal cancer: case studyLinda M McLean
University Health Network, Princess Margaret Hospital, Department of Psychosocial Oncology and Palliative Care, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Palliat Support Care 8:227-33. 2010..The case study presented highlights the need to both identify and offer an empirically validated couple-based intervention, along with a multi-disciplinary team approach over the trajectory of the illness and at end of life...
- A couple-based intervention for patients and caregivers facing end-stage cancer: outcomes of a randomized controlled trialLinda M McLean
Department of Psychosocial Oncology and Palliative Care, University Health Network, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Psychooncology 22:28-38. 2013..EFT examines the ways couples process patterns of interaction, facilitating change...
- Anxiety disorders during pregnancy and the postpartum period: A systematic reviewLori E Ross
Women s Mental Health and Addiction Research Section, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health, Department of Psychiatry, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1285-98. 2006....
- Implications of childhood sexual abuse for adult borderline personality disorder and complex posttraumatic stress disorderLinda M McLean
Center for Addiction and Mental Health, Department of Psychiatry, Clarke Division, University of Toronto, Ont, Canada
Am J Psychiatry 160:369-71. 2003....