S L McGhan
Affiliation: University of Alberta
- Evaluation of an education program for elementary school children with asthmaS L MeGhan
Alberta Asthma Centre, Faculty of Nursing, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Asthma 40:523-33. 2003..The results showed that a comprehensive, school-based asthma education program is feasible and improves outcomes...
- Developing a school asthma policyShawna L McGhan
Faculty of Nursing, Alberta Asthma Center, University of Alberta, Box 4033, 11402 University Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta T6E 6K2, Canada
Public Health Nurs 19:112-23. 2002....
- Advances in development and evaluation of asthma education programsShawna L McGhan
Alberta Asthma Centre, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Curr Opin Pulm Med 11:61-8. 2005..This article focuses on recent advances in theoretical and practical strategies and examines core elements of successful asthma education programs...
- Factors associated with poor asthma control in children aged five to 13 yearsS L McGhan
Alberta Asthma Centre, Edmonton, Canada
Can Respir J 13:23-9. 2006..Most children with asthma should be able to achieve acceptable control. However, are there differences between those with acceptable and poor control, and if so, how can health care approaches be modified accordingly?..
- A children's asthma education program: Roaring Adventures of Puff (RAP), improves quality of lifeShawna L McGhan
Alberta Asthma Centre, University of Alberta, 11402 University Avenue, Edmonton, Alberta
Can Respir J 17:67-73. 2010..It is postulated that children with asthma who receive an interactive, comprehensive education program would improve their quality of life, asthma management and asthma control compared with children receiving usual care...
- A child's asthma quality of life rating does not significantly influence management of their asthmaPiush J Mandhane
Division of Respiratory Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Faculty of Medicine and Dentistry, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Pediatr Pulmonol 45:141-8. 2010..Children of parents who perceive their children have increased asthma severity use more medical services and reliever medication...