J A Maroun
Affiliation: University of Ottawa
- A National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group Study--IND.135: Phase I/II study of irinotecan (camptosar), oxaliplatin and raltitrexed (tomudex) (COT) in patients with advanced colorectal cancerJ A Maroun
Medical Oncology, The Ottawa Hospital Regional Cancer Centre, 501 Smyth Road, Ottawa, Ont, Canada K1H 8L6
Eur J Cancer 42:193-9. 2006..3%) experienced partial response. Further evaluation in a randomized study compared to sequential doublets is warranted. Triple combinations could be relevant in curative settings for high-risk patients...
- Phase I study of Aplidine in a dailyx5 one-hour infusion every 3 weeks in patients with solid tumors refractory to standard therapy. A National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group study: NCIC CTG IND 115J A Maroun
The Ottawa Hospital Regional Cancer Centre, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Ann Oncol 17:1371-8. 2006..Aplidine is a cyclic depsipeptide isolated from the marine tunicate Aplidium albicans...
- Survival benefit of chemotherapy in metastatic colorectal cancer: a meta-analysis of randomized controlled trialsD J Jonker
Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
Br J Cancer 82:1789-94. 2000..Chemotherapy significantly prolongs 1-year survival for patients with metastatic colorectal cancer, and should be offered to those with good performance status...
- Characterization of a polyclonal antibody to human thymidylate synthase suitable for the study of colorectal cancer specimensA S Haqqani
Department of Biochemistry, Microbiology and Immunology, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
J Histochem Cytochem 47:1563-74. 1999..Normal colon mucosa showed weak staining, whereas some colorectal cancer specimens stained very strongly with hTS7.4. A clinical study of colorectal cancer using this antibody is in progress. (J Histochem Cytochem 47:1563-1573, 1999)..
- Progress of clinical oncology guidelines development using the Practice Guidelines Development Cycle: the role of practitioner feedbackG P Browman
Department of Clinical Epidemiology and Biostatistics, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 16:1226-31. 1998....
- Capecitabine in the management of colorectal cancerJ A Maroun
Ottawa Regional Cancer Centre, 503 Smyth Rd, Ottawa, ON K1H 1C4, Canada
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 1:327-33. 2001..The rational development of this targeted drug with its selective activation in tumor tissue is highlighted. The clinical development of capecitabine and its present and future role in the management of colorectal cancer are reviewed...
- Oral capecitabine vs intravenous 5-fluorouracil and leucovorin: integrated efficacy data and novel analyses from two large, randomised, phase III trialsE Van Cutsem
University Hospital Gasthuisberg, Leuven, Belgium
Br J Cancer 90:1190-7. 2004..Capecitabine is a suitable replacement for i.v. 5-FU as the backbone of colorectal cancer therapy...