P J Marotta
Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- Muscle cramps: a 'complication' of cirrhosisP J Marotta
London Health Sciences Centre, London, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 14:21D-25D. 2000..Current theories relating to the pathogenesis of muscle cramps are reviewed, and an overview of the various pharmacological agents that have had therapeutic success for this distressing and frustrating symptom is provided...
- The challenge of recurrent hepatitis C virus in liver transplant recipientsPaul J Marotta
Multi Organ Transplant Program, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 18:19C-26C. 2004..The present review discusses the challenges that occur in LT recipients with HCV...
- Efficacy of chronic hepatitis C therapy in community-based trialsPaul Marotta
University of Western Ontario London Health Sciences Centre, Transplant Hepatology and Gastroenterology, 339 Windermere Road, London, Ontario N6A 5A5, Canada
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 7:1028-36; quiz 1022. 2009....
- Management of hepatitis B: a longitudinal national survey - impact of the Canadian Hepatitis B Consensus GuidelinesPaul Marotta
Liver Transplant Unit, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario
Can J Gastroenterol 24:537-42. 2010..These guidelines were published in The Canadian Journal of Gastroenterology in June 2007 and distributed to all Canadian gastroenterologists and hepatologists...
- Surgery and transplantation for hepatocellular cancerW J Wall
Multi Organ Transplant Program, University of Western Ontario, London Health Sciences Centre University Campus, London, Ontario, Canada
Liver Transpl 6:S16-22. 2000..Advanced cirrhosis limits the widespread application of partial hepatectomy to patients with HCC. 5. Neoadjuvant therapy has not yet been proven to improve patient outcome for early-stage HCC that is promptly treated by transplantation...
- Spontaneous clearance of hepatitis C after liver and renal transplantationC H Dale
Multi Organ Transplant Program, London Health Science Centre, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 23:265-7. 2009..A case of spontaneous clearance of HCV RNA in an immunocompromised patient, within five months of simultaneous liver and kidney retransplantation is described. Importantly, this patient had no previous exposure to interferon...
- Multiple focal nodular hyperplasia and steatosis: Atypical imaging characteristicsR P Myers
Department of Medicine, Liver Disease Unit, London Health Sciences Centre, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5A5, Canada
Can J Gastroenterol 15:137-42. 2001..The investigation of a patient with a malignancy and expanding hepatic lesions is challenging. This case illustrates the usefulness of the (99m)technetium-labelled sulphur colloid scan in the evaluation of patients with hepatic lesions...