Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- Adjuvant concurrent chemoradiation using intensity-modulated radiotherapy and simultaneous integrated boost for resected high-risk adenocarcinoma of the distal esophagus and gastro-esophageal junctionBrian P Yaremko
Department of Radiation Oncology, Western University, London Regional Cancer Program Room A3 810 Ed and Irene Fregin Building 790 Commissioners Road E, N6A 4L6, London, ON, Canada
Radiat Oncol 8:33. 2013..At our institution, adjuvant chemoradiation (chemoRT) using IMRT and SIB is standard of care for resected high-risk disease. In this study, we review our experience with a recent cohort of patients treated in this manner...
- Neoadjuvant or adjuvant therapy for resectable esophageal cancer: a clinical practice guidelineRichard A Malthaner
BMC Cancer 4:67. 2004..A clinical practice guideline was developed based on a systematic review investigating neoadjuvant or adjuvant therapy on resectable thoracic esophageal cancer...
- Minithoracoscopy for pleural effusionsR A Malthaner
London Health Sciences Centre, London, Canada
Can Respir J 5:253-4. 1998..A diagnostic and therapeutic approach to pleural disease is described that uses a new 2 mm rigid thorascope. The technique allows complete visualization, biopsy and drainage of the pleural space with rapid recovery and minimal pain...
- Lung volume reduction surgery: results of a Canadian pilot study. Canadian Lung Volume Reduction Surgery Study GroupR A Malthaner
Division of Thoracic Surgery, University of Western Ontario, London
Can J Surg 43:377-83. 2000..To present preliminary experience with lung volume reduction surgery (LVRS) before the institution of the Canadian LVRS trial...
- Neoadjuvant or adjuvant therapy for resectable esophageal cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysisRichard A Malthaner
University of Western Ontario, London Health Sciences Centre Division of Thoracic Surgery and Surgical Oncology, London, Ontario, Canada
BMC Med 2:35. 2004..The large and growing number of patients affected, the high mortality rates, the worldwide geographic variation in practice, and the large body of good quality research warrants a systematic review with meta-analysis...
- Preoperative chemotherapy for resectable thoracic esophageal cancerR A Malthaner
University of Western Ontario, Division of Thoracic Surgery, London Health Sciences Centre, 375 South Street, Suite N345, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 4G5
Cochrane Database Syst Rev 3:CD001556. 2006..An explicit systematic update of the role of preoperative chemotherapy in the treatment of resectable thoracic esophageal cancer is, therefore, warranted...
- Preoperative or postoperative therapy for resectable oesophageal cancer: an updated practice guidelineR Malthaner
London Health Sciences Centre, Division of Thoracic Surgery, London, Ontario, Canada
Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol) 22:250-6. 2010....
- Combined modality radiotherapy and chemotherapy in nonsurgical management of localized carcinoma of the esophagus: a practice guidelineRebecca K S Wong
Department of Radiation Medicine, Princess Margaret Hospital University Health Network, Toronto, ON, Canada
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 55:930-42. 2003..To make recommendations regarding combined radiotherapy (RT) and chemotherapy (RTCT), compared with RT alone, when a nonsurgical approach is used for patients with localized esophageal carcinoma...
- The feasibility of three-dimensional displays of the thorax for preoperative planning in the surgical treatment of lung cancerYaoping Hu
The Canadian Surgical Technology and Advanced Robotics, London Health Sciences Centre, London, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 31:506-11. 2007..There have been no reports, however, on the use of 3D displays for surgical treatment of lung cancer. We hypothesized that 3D displays of the thorax are useful for preoperative planning for lung cancer...