Affiliation: University of Western Ontario
- Multicentre randomized controlled trial of structured transition on diabetes care management compared to standard diabetes care in adolescents and young adults with type 1 diabetes (Transition Trial)Tamara Spaic
St, Joseph s Health Care, London, ON, Canada
BMC Pediatr 13:163. 2013..Despite the importance of minimizing loss to follow-up there are no randomized control trials evaluating models of transition from pediatric to adult diabetes care...
- Zinc transporter-8 autoantibodies improve prediction of type 1 diabetes in relatives positive for the standard biochemical autoantibodiesLiping Yu
Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, University of Colorado at Denver, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Diabetes Care 35:1213-8. 2012....
- Psychometric properties of a prostate cancer radiation late toxicity questionnaireGeorge Rodrigues
Department of Oncology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Health Qual Life Outcomes 5:29. 2007..To construct a short prostate cancer radiation late toxicity (PCRT) questionnaire with health-related quality-of-life (HRQoL) domains...
- Health-related quality of life and mobility of patients awaiting elective total hip arthroplasty: a prospective studyJeffrey L Mahon
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Western Ontario, London, ON
CMAJ 167:1115-21. 2002..These issues have not been examined from the time of referral for surgery. Our primary objective was to test whether a longer wait was associated with poorer postoperative HRQOL...
- The TrialNet Natural History Study of the Development of Type 1 Diabetes: objectives, design, and initial resultsJeffrey L Mahon
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, University of Western Ontario, London, ON, Canada
Pediatr Diabetes 10:97-104. 2009..The TrialNet Natural History Study (NHS) will assess the predictive value of existing and novel risk markers for type 1 diabetes and will find subjects for prevention trials...
- Comparison of two insulin assays for first-phase insulin release in type 1 diabetes prediction and prevention studiesJeffrey L Mahon
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Clin Chim Acta 412:2128-31. 2011..We assessed whether an insulin immunoenzymometric assay (IEMA) could replace the less practical but current standard of a radioimmunoassay (RIA) for FPIR...
- Theophylline for irreversible chronic airflow limitation: a randomized study comparing n of 1 trials to standard practiceJ L Mahon
Department of Medicine, University of Western Ontario, Canada
Chest 115:38-48. 1999....
- Fate of the mate: the influence of delayed graft function in renal transplantation on the mate recipientJ F Johnson
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario, Canada
Am J Transplant 9:1796-801. 2009..We believe strategies that may preserve allograft function in these'at-risk'recipients should be developed and tested...
- Quadriceps muscle function and fatigue in women with Addison's diseaseJ M Jakobi
Canadian Centre for Activity and Aging, School of Kinesiology, St. Joseph's Health Care Annex, University of Western Ontario, 1490 Richmond Street, London, Ontario N6G 2M3, Canada
Muscle Nerve 24:1040-9. 2001..These results indicate that conventionally treated Addison's patients have similar MVC strength, but altered contractile properties and decreased endurance compared with controls...
- Is the Health Utilities Index valid in total hip arthroplasty patients?Chris Blanchard
American Cancer Society, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Qual Life Res 13:339-48. 2004..The purpose of the study was to examine the construct validity of the Health Utilities Index Mark 2 (HU12) and Mark 3 (HU13) in patients with osteoarthritis (OA) needing total hip arthroplasty (THA)...
- Diabetes during diarrhea-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome: a systematic review and meta-analysisRita S Suri
Kidney Clinical Research Unit, Division of Nephrology, London Health Sciences Center, University of Western Ontario, Room ELL 111 Victoria Hospital, 800 Commissioners Rd East, London, Ontario, Canada N6A 4G5
Diabetes Care 28:2556-62. 2005..To quantify the incidence of diabetes during the acute phase of diarrhea-associated hemolytic uremic syndrome (D + HUS) and to identify features associated with its development...
- Is the Health Utilities Index responsive in total hip arthroplasty patients?Chris Blanchard
School of Human Kinetics, University of Ottawa, 125 University Street, Ottawa, ON K1N 6N5, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 56:1046-54. 2003..The purpose is to examine the responsiveness of the Health Utilities Index Mark 2 (HUI2), Mark 3 (HUI3), and other generic and disease-specific measures in osteoarthritis patients undergoing total hip arthroplasty (THA)...