Jonathon L Maguire
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Association between total duration of breastfeeding and iron deficiencyJonathon L Maguire
Department of Pediatrics, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto ON M5B 1W8 Canada
Pediatrics 131:e1530-7. 2013..To determine whether there is an association between the total breastfeeding duration and iron stores, iron deficiency, and iron deficiency anemia in healthy urban children...
- Modifiable determinants of serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D status in early childhood: opportunities for preventionJonathon L Maguire
Department of Pediatrics, St Michael s Hospital, 30 Bond St, 15 014 Cardinal Carter, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
JAMA Pediatr 167:230-5. 2013..CONCLUSION Two modifiable dietary intake variables (vitamin D supplementation and cow's milk intake) are the most important determinants of 25-hydroxyvitamin D status in early childhood...
- The relationship between cow's milk and stores of vitamin D and iron in early childhoodJonathon L Maguire
The Applied Health Research Centre of the Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute of St Michael s Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pediatrics 131:e144-51. 2013..To examine the association between cow's milk intake on both vitamin D and iron stores in healthy urban preschoolers...
- Clinical prediction rules for children: a systematic reviewJonathon L Maguire
Department of Pediatrics, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pediatrics 128:e666-77. 2011..The degree to which clinical prediction rules (CPRs) for children meet published standards is unclear...
- Office-based intervention to reduce bottle use among toddlers: TARGet Kids! Pragmatic, randomized trialJonathon L Maguire
Applied Health Research Centre, Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute, Department of Pediatrics, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pediatrics 126:e343-50. 2010..The goal was to determine whether an office-based, educational intervention for parents of 9-month-old children could reduce bottle use and iron depletion at 2 years of age...
- Prevalence and predictors of low vitamin D concentrations in urban Canadian toddlersJonathon L Maguire
Department of Pediatrics, St Michael s Hospital
Paediatr Child Health 16:e11-5. 2011....
- Does this child have appendicitis? A systematic review of clinical prediction rules for children with acute abdominal painDina M Kulik
Division of Paediatric Emergency Medicine, Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X8, Canada
J Clin Epidemiol 66:95-104. 2013..To systematically identify clinical prediction rules (CPRs) for children with suspected appendicitis and compare their methodological quality and performance...
- Should a head-injured child receive a head CT scan? A systematic review of clinical prediction rulesJonathon L Maguire
Division of Pediatric Medicine and the Pediatric Outcomes Research Team PORT, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pediatrics 124:e145-54. 2009..A high-quality and high-performing clinical prediction rule may reduce this uncertainty...