D R Mager
Affiliation: University of Alberta
- A meal high in saturated fat evokes postprandial dyslipemia, hyperinsulinemia, and altered lipoprotein expression in obese children with and without nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseDiana R Mager
Department of Agriculture, Food, and Nutritional Science, 4 126 Li Ka Shing Centre for Research Innovation, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB T6G OK2, Canada
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 37:517-28. 2013....
- Anthropometric measures of visceral and subcutaneous fat are important in the determination of metabolic dysregulation in boys and girls at risk for nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseDiana R Mager
Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of Pediatrics, University of Alberta, 4 126 Li Ka Shing Centre for Research Innovation, Edmonton, AB T6G OK2, Canada
Nutr Clin Pract 28:101-11. 2013..The study aim was to describe body composition/somatotype and its interrelationships to biomarkers of liver disease, insulin resistance, and lipid and cytokine expression in youth with NAFLD...
- Vitamin D and K status influences bone mineral density and bone accrual in children and adolescents with celiac diseaseD R Mager
Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Eur J Clin Nutr 66:488-95. 2012..The study objective was to determine the interrelationships between vitamin K/D status and lifestyle variables on BMD in children and adolescents with CD at diagnosis and after 1 year on the gluten-free diet (GFD)...
- Use of N-acetyl cysteine for the treatment of parenteral nutrition-induced liver disease in children receiving home parenteral nutritionDiana R Mager
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 46:220-3. 2008
- Dietary and physical activity patterns in children with fatty liverD R Mager
Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Clin Nutr 64:628-35. 2010..To examine lifestyle patterns (diet, physical activity, energy expenditure) and metabolic variables (insulin resistance, oxidative stress, inflammation) in children with fatty liver detected by sonography...
- Branched-chain amino acid needs in children with mild-to-moderate chronic cholestatic liver diseaseDiana R Mager
Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
J Nutr 136:133-9. 2006..Total BCAA estimated average requirements using the IAAO were significantly higher than mean requirements established previously for healthy children (P < 0.05)...