Wayne P Maddison
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Exploring power and parameter estimation of the BiSSE method for analyzing species diversificationMatthew P Davis
The Field Museum, 1400 South Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60605, USA
BMC Evol Biol 13:38. 2013....
- Inferring phylogeny despite incomplete lineage sortingWayne P Maddison
Department of Zoology Research Centre, University of British Columbia, V6T 1Z4 Vancouver, B C, Canada
Syst Biol 55:21-30. 2006..Coalescence; divergence; population; speciation.]...
- Confounding asymmetries in evolutionary diversification and character changeWayne P Maddison
Department of Zoology, Biodiversity Research Centre, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z4
Evolution 60:1743-6. 2006..Studies of biased diversification and biased character change need to be unified by joint models and estimation methods, although how successfully the two processes can be teased apart remains to be seen...
- Estimating a binary character's effect on speciation and extinctionWayne P Maddison
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Syst Biol 56:701-10. 2007..g., is the rate of speciation elevated for one character state over the other?). We demonstrate the application of the method using simulated data with known parameter values...
- The biogeography and age of salticid spider radiations (Araneae: Salticidae)Melissa R Bodner
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mol Phylogenet Evol 65:213-40. 2012..The Marpissoida is expanded to include the Ballinae...
- Sociality in theridiid spiders: repeated origins of an evolutionary dead endIngi Agnarsson
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, 2370 6270 University Boulevard, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T 1Z4, Canada
Evolution 60:2342-51. 2006....
- Estimating trait-dependent speciation and extinction rates from incompletely resolved phylogeniesRichard G FitzJohn
Department of Zoology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, V6T 1Z4 Canada
Syst Biol 58:595-611. 2009..Our methods allow for the direct estimation of the effect of a trait on speciation and extinction rates using incompletely resolved phylogenies...
- The phylogeny of the social Anelosimus spiders (Araneae: Theridiidae) inferred from six molecular loci and morphologyIngi Agnarsson
The University of British Columbia, Department of Zoology, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Mol Phylogenet Evol 43:833-51. 2007....
- Actin 5C, a promising nuclear gene for spider phylogeneticsCor J Vink
Department of Biology, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA 92182, USA
Mol Phylogenet Evol 48:377-82. 2008
- Linking of digital images to phylogenetic data matrices using a morphological ontologyMartín J Ramírez
Museo Argentino de Ciencias Naturales Bernardino Rivadavia CONICET, Avenida Angel Gallardo 470, Buenos Aires, C1405DJR, Argentina
Syst Biol 56:283-94. 2007....
- Statistical phylogeographyL Lacey Knowles
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona 85721 0088, USA
Mol Ecol 11:2623-35. 2002..We close with a discussion of some unresolved problems of current statistical phylogeographic methods to propose areas in need of future development...
- Sexual selection driving diversification in jumping spidersSusan E Masta
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ 85721, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 99:4442-7. 2002..Because these traits are apparent targets of female choice, the results indicate that sexual selection is driving divergence of phenotypes potentially crucial to the speciation process...