Ruth E MacRedmond
Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Epithelial expression of TLR4 is modulated in COPD and by steroids, salmeterol and cigarette smokeRuth E MacRedmond
Department of Medicine, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Dublin, Ireland
Respir Res 8:84. 2007..Modulation of TLR4 in respiratory epithelium may have important implications for airway inflammation and infection in response to inhaled pathogens...
- Erythropoietin inhibits respiratory epithelial cell apoptosis in a model of acute lung injuryR MacRedmond
Providence Healthcare Heart and Lung Institute, St Paul s Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Eur Respir J 33:1403-14. 2009..EPO has cytoprotective properties in respiratory epithelium in an in vitro model, which may indicate a potential therapeutic role in acute lung injury...
- Conjugated linoleic acid improves airway hyper-reactivity in overweight mild asthmaticsR MacRedmond
Providence Healthcare Heart Lung Institute, St Paul s Hospital, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Clin Exp Allergy 40:1071-8. 2010..Conjugated linoleic acids (CLA) are naturally occurring fatty acids that have multiple biological properties including the regulation of metabolic, proliferative and immune processes...
- Introduction of a comprehensive management protocol for severe sepsis is associated with sustained improvements in timeliness of care and survivalR MacRedmond
Division of Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Qual Saf Health Care 19:e46. 2010..This study investigates the effectiveness of a comprehensive management protocol for recognition and initial treatment of severe sepsis that spans from the emergency department (ED) to the intensive care unit...
- Community-acquired pneumonia in older patients: does age influence systemic cytokine levels in community-acquired pneumonia?Emer Kelly
Division of Respiratory Research, Department of Medicine, RCSI Education and Research Centre, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland, Beaumont Hospital, Dublin, Ireland
Respirology 14:210-6. 2009..We aimed to evaluate patients with CAP for evidence of a muted response to infection in elderly patients admitted to hospital compared with a younger patient group...