Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- A collaborative model to introduce quality and safety content into the undergraduate nursing leadership curriculumMaura MacPhee
School of Nursing, The University of British Columbia, T239 2211 Westbrook Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia V6T2B5, Canada
J Nurs Care Qual 24:83-9. 2009..This article describes a practice-academic partnership that raised students' awareness of Q/S within the practice environment. This partnership also resulted in healthcare providers' increased commitment to a culture of safety...
- Strategies and tools for managing changeMaura MacPhee
The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, BC, Canada
J Nurs Adm 37:405-13. 2007..It all depends on how change is managed. The author describes major leadership strategies and tools to effectively manage change, particularly innovative changes that result in better outcomes for patients, staff, and the organization...
- Evidence-based practiceMaura MacPhee
Clinical Practice Committee, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 20:396-8. 2005..This document was developed by the Clinical Practice Committee of SPN, and it includes an overview of EBP basics and SPN recommendations with regards to EBP...
- An empowerment framework for nursing leadership development: supporting evidenceMaura MacPhee
University of British Columbia School of Nursing, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Adv Nurs 68:159-69. 2012..This article is a report on a descriptive study of nurse leaders' perspectives of the outcomes of a formal leadership programme...
- Psychological competence: the key to leader empowering behaviorsFarinaz Havaei
Author Affiliations PhD Candidate Ms Havaei, Associate Professor Drs Dahinten and MacPhee, School of Nursing, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Nurs Adm 44:276-83. 2014..The aim of this study was to examine the effects of specific cognitions or aspects of psychological empowerment on 5 major aspects of leader empowering behaviors...
- British Columbia's provincial nursing workload project: evidence to empowermentMaura MacPhee
University of British Columbia School of Nursing, 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, BC
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 23:54-63. 2010..Examples from practice sites illustrate tangible benefits from the project...
- First-line nurse leaders' health-care change management initiativesMaura MacPhee
Leadership Development Logic Model Study, University of British Columbia School of Nursing, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Nurs Manag 20:249-59. 2012..To examine nurse leaders' change management projects within British Columbia, Canada...
- Developing a practice-academic partnership logic modelMaura MacPhee
University of British Columbia, School of Nursing, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Nurs Outlook 57:143-7. 2009..Significant outcomes have included a new clinical placement model, affiliate academic appointments for practice educators, and research collaborations...
- Transforming work place relationships through shared decision makingMaura MacPhee
University of British Columbia School of Nursing, Vancouver, Canada
J Nurs Manag 18:1016-26. 2010..Using Donabedian's Structure-Process-Outcomes (SPO) paradigm, this study explored the SPO linkages related to nurse-nurse leader shared decision making around workload issues, such as safe staffing assignments...
- Developing leadership in nurse managers: the British Columbia Nursing Leadership InstituteMaura MacPhee
University of British, Columbia School of Nursing, Academic Lead and Evaluator, British Columbia Nursing Administrative, Leadership Institute for First Line Nurse Leaders, Vancouver, BC
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 21:64-75. 2008..Unique aspects of the program, such as its online networking component, will be described, and its role in nursing leadership research will be briefly examined...
- The synergy professional practice model and its patient characteristics tool: a staff empowerment strategyMaura MacPhee
University of British Columbia School of Nursing, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Nurs Leadersh (Tor Ont) 24:42-56. 2011..Our pilot project evidence suggests that the synergy model and its patient characteristics tool may be an empowerment strategy that nursing leaders can use to enhance their practice environments...
- Nurse staffing and patient safetyMaura MacPhee
School of Nursing, University of British Columbia, Vancouver
Can Nurse 102:18-23. 2006..The authors present one of the key recommendations for nurse staffing that arose from the synthesis...
- Practice and academic nurse educators: finding common groundMaura MacPhee
University of British Columbia
Int J Nurs Educ Scholarsh 6:Article 32. 2009..Strategies are suggested to maximize educators' commonalities, provide better supports to minimize intent to leave, and ensure sustainability...
- High-fidelity patient simulation: considerations for effective learningBernard Garrett
University of British Columbia School of Nursing, Vancouver
Nurs Educ Perspect 31:309-13. 2010..The use of reflective debriefing appeared to be a focal area for learning that requires emphasis in the planning of HFS experiences. This template, team-focused learning approach also appeared to offer a cost-efficient strategy for HFS...
- Online knowledge networking: what leaders need to knowMaura MacPhee
School of Nursing, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
J Nurs Adm 39:415-22. 2009..They provide an overview of the development, facilitation, and evaluation of online KNs. An example of a nursing leadership online KN illustrates the key considerations involved in the KN process...
- Evaluation of an eportfolio for the assessment of clinical competence in a baccalaureate nursing programBernard M Garrett
University of British Columbia, School of Nursing, T201 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, Canada V6T 2B5 Electronic address
Nurse Educ Today 33:1207-13. 2013..Strategies to assist an institutional culture shift towards more transparent assessment processes may also need consideration...
- Implementing high-fidelity simulation in Canada: reflections on 3 years of practiceBernard M Garrett
University of British Columbia, School of Nursing, T201 2211 Wesbrook Mall, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Nurse Educ Today 31:671-6. 2011..A team focused learning approach may also offer a more cost-efficient strategy for clinical simulation...
- Evidence-based practice in actionMaura MacPhee
Children s Hospital, Denver, CO, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 17:313-20. 2002..This article comprises an overview of the EBP process, an EBP submission format for JPN, and 4 examples of EBP in a variety of pediatric clinical settings...
- The nursing "leadership" evolution: just another label?Maura MacPhee
J Pediatr Nurs 20:231-3. 2005
- Using evidence-based practice to create a venous access team: the Venous Access Task Force of the Children's Hospital of DenverMaura MacPhee
Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 17:450-4. 2002..The following clinically based project illustrates the application of QI concepts and evidence-based practice to enhance outcomes...
- "Mirror, mirror..."Maura MacPhee
J Pediatr Nurs 19:371-3. 2004
- An evidence-based approach to nasogastric tube management: special considerationsDenise S Richardson
Children s Hospital, GI Nutrition Hunnewell Ground, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Pediatr Nurs 21:388-93. 2006..This article describes our evidence-based process of policy revision, and it includes excerpts from our revised NG tube management policy...
- The role of social support networks for rural hospital nurses: supporting and sustaining the rural nursing work forceMaura MacPhee
The Children s Hospital of Denver and The University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, 80262, USA
J Nurs Adm 32:264-72. 2002..This survey study describes the workplace social support networks of rural hospital nurses in one geographic region of Colorado. This rural sample was compared with data from a sample of urban hospital nurses in Colorado...
- Global childhood obesity: how to curb an epidemicMaura MacPhee
J Pediatr Nurs 23:1-4. 2008
- High-quality health care for children: what can we do?Maura MacPhee
J Pediatr Nurs 22:1-3. 2007
- Pediatric nursingMaura MacPhee
The Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Imprint 52:13-5. 2005