Helen J Mackay
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- The Emerging Role of PARP Inhibitors in the Treatment of Epithelial Ovarian CancerLilian T Gien
Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada M5G 2M9
J Oncol 2010:151750. 2010..We will then expand on the broader relevance and future directions for PARP inhibition in the clinical setting...
- A phase II trial of the Src kinase inhibitor saracatinib (AZD0530) in patients with metastatic or locally advanced gastric or gastro esophageal junction (GEJ) adenocarcinoma: a trial of the PMH phase II consortiumHelen J Mackay
Department of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Invest New Drugs 30:1158-63. 2012..We evaluated the activity and safety of saracatinib an oral, anilinoquinazolone, non-receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor targeting Src kinases, in patients with metastatic or locally advanced gastric carcinoma...
- Phase II trial of the histone deacetylase inhibitor belinostat in women with platinum resistant epithelial ovarian cancer and micropapillary (LMP) ovarian tumoursHelen J Mackay
Princess Margaret Phase II Consortium, Toronto, Canada
Eur J Cancer 46:1573-9. 2010..Platinum resistant epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC) has a poor prognosis. The histone deacetylase inhibitor belinostat demonstrated antitumour activity in pre-clinical ovarian cancer models...
- Evaluation of pandemic H1N1 (2009) influenza vaccine in adults with solid tumor and hematological malignancies on active systemic treatmentHelen J Mackay
Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Ave, Toronto, ON M5G 2M9, Canada
J Clin Virol 50:212-6. 2011..Over 85% of healthy individuals vaccinated with the pandemic H1N1 (pH1N1) vaccine achieve seroprotection...
- A phase II study of sunitinib in patients with locally advanced or metastatic cervical carcinoma: NCIC CTG Trial IND.184Helen J Mackay
Department of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 116:163-7. 2010..This multi-centre phase II study was performed to evaluate the activity of sunitinib in women with locally advanced or metastatic cervical carcinoma who had received up to one prior line of chemotherapy for advanced disease...
- Other new targetsHelen J Mackay
Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, 610 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:S49-54. 2009..This review focuses on some of these newer approaches to targeted therapy highlighting the importance of trial design and incorporation of biomarkers as we move forward into the era of personalized medicine...
- Prognostic value of microsatellite instability (MSI) and PTEN expression in women with endometrial cancer: results from studies of the NCIC Clinical Trials Group (NCIC CTG)Helen J Mackay
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Cancer 46:1365-73. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate MSI and PTEN expression in two patient populations using data from NCIC CTG studies...
- Prognostic relevance of uncommon ovarian histology in women with stage III/IV epithelial ovarian cancerHelen J Mackay
National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group NCIC CTG, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:945-52. 2010....
- A multicenter phase II study of "adjuvant" irinotecan following resection of colorectal hepatic metastasesHelen J Mackay
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Am J Clin Oncol 28:547-54. 2005....
- Molecular determinants of outcome with mammalian target of rapamycin inhibition in endometrial cancerHelen J Mackay
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer 120:603-10. 2014..The aim of this study was to identify molecular markers associated with mTOR inhibitor activity in women with metastatic endometrial cancer...
- Current phase II clinical data for ridaforolimus in cancerAnna Spreafico
Princess Margaret Hospital, Division of Medical Oncology and Hematology, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5G 2M9, Canada 1 416 846 2253 1 416 946 6546
Expert Opin Investig Drugs 22:1485-93. 2013..Constitutive activation of this pathway has been demonstrated in many tumor types. Targeting the PI3K/AKT/mTOR pathway is of increasing therapeutic interest...
- Phase II study of temsirolimus in women with recurrent or metastatic endometrial cancer: a trial of the NCIC Clinical Trials GroupAmit M Oza
Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 29:3278-85. 2011..Temsirolimus, an ester derivative of rapamycin that inhibits mTOR, was evaluated in this setting...
- Performance characteristics of screening strategies for Lynch syndrome in unselected women with newly diagnosed endometrial cancer who have undergone universal germline mutation testingSarah E Ferguson
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Princess Margaret Hospital University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Cancer 120:3932-9. 2014....
- Treatment of rectal cancer metastases to the thyroid gland: report of two casesWinson Y Cheung
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, University of Toronto, Princess Margaret Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Clin Colorectal Cancer 7:280-2. 2008..The favorable survival and symptom benefits observed in these patients suggest that combination chemotherapy should be considered in the management of these very rare cases...
- Targeting the protein kinase C family: are we there yet?Helen J Mackay
University of Toronto, Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nat Rev Cancer 7:554-62. 2007..PKC isozymes is not new; however, with many of the early PKC inhibitor cytotoxic drug combinations being discarded at the phase II level, and recent phase III studies in non-small-cell lung cancer proving negative, what's going wrong?..