Helen J Mackay
Affiliation: University of Toronto
- A phase II trial of the Src kinase inhibitor saracatinib (AZD0530) in patients with metastatic or locally advanced gastric or gastro esophageal junction (GEJ) adenocarcinoma: a trial of the PMH phase II consortiumHelen J Mackay
Department of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Invest New Drugs 30:1158-63. 2012..We evaluated the activity and safety of saracatinib an oral, anilinoquinazolone, non-receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitor targeting Src kinases, in patients with metastatic or locally advanced gastric carcinoma...
- Prognostic value of microsatellite instability (MSI) and PTEN expression in women with endometrial cancer: results from studies of the NCIC Clinical Trials Group (NCIC CTG)Helen J Mackay
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Eur J Cancer 46:1365-73. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate MSI and PTEN expression in two patient populations using data from NCIC CTG studies...
- Evaluation of pandemic H1N1 (2009) influenza vaccine in adults with solid tumor and hematological malignancies on active systemic treatmentHelen J Mackay
Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Ave, Toronto, ON M5G 2M9, Canada
J Clin Virol 50:212-6. 2011..Over 85% of healthy individuals vaccinated with the pandemic H1N1 (pH1N1) vaccine achieve seroprotection...
- A phase II study of sunitinib in patients with locally advanced or metastatic cervical carcinoma: NCIC CTG Trial IND.184Helen J Mackay
Department of Medical Oncology, Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
Gynecol Oncol 116:163-7. 2010..This multi-centre phase II study was performed to evaluate the activity of sunitinib in women with locally advanced or metastatic cervical carcinoma who had received up to one prior line of chemotherapy for advanced disease...
- Other new targetsHelen J Mackay
Princess Margaret Hospital, University of Toronto, 610 University Ave, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int J Gynecol Cancer 19:S49-54. 2009..This review focuses on some of these newer approaches to targeted therapy highlighting the importance of trial design and incorporation of biomarkers as we move forward into the era of personalized medicine...
- Prognostic relevance of uncommon ovarian histology in women with stage III/IV epithelial ovarian cancerHelen J Mackay
National Cancer Institute of Canada Clinical Trials Group NCIC CTG, Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Int J Gynecol Cancer 20:945-52. 2010....
- Phase II trial of the histone deacetylase inhibitor belinostat in women with platinum resistant epithelial ovarian cancer and micropapillary (LMP) ovarian tumoursHelen J Mackay
Princess Margaret Phase II Consortium, Toronto, Canada
Eur J Cancer 46:1573-9. 2010..Platinum resistant epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC) has a poor prognosis. The histone deacetylase inhibitor belinostat demonstrated antitumour activity in pre-clinical ovarian cancer models...
- A multicenter phase II study of "adjuvant" irinotecan following resection of colorectal hepatic metastasesHelen J Mackay
Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Am J Clin Oncol 28:547-54. 2005..006). CONCLUSION: The tolerability of this regimen after major liver resection supports further evaluation of irinotecan-based adjuvant chemotherapy in this group of patients...
- Phase II study of temsirolimus in women with recurrent or metastatic endometrial cancer: a trial of the NCIC Clinical Trials GroupAmit M Oza
Princess Margaret Hospital, University Health Network, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Clin Oncol 29:3278-85. 2011..Temsirolimus, an ester derivative of rapamycin that inhibits mTOR, was evaluated in this setting...
- Treatment of rectal cancer metastases to the thyroid gland: report of two casesWinson Y Cheung
Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, University of Toronto, Princess Margaret Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Clin Colorectal Cancer 7:280-2. 2008..The favorable survival and symptom benefits observed in these patients suggest that combination chemotherapy should be considered in the management of these very rare cases...
- Targeting the protein kinase C family: are we there yet?Helen J Mackay
University of Toronto, Department of Medical Oncology and Hematology, Princess Margaret Hospital, 610 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Nat Rev Cancer 7:554-62. 2007..PKC isozymes is not new; however, with many of the early PKC inhibitor cytotoxic drug combinations being discarded at the phase II level, and recent phase III studies in non-small-cell lung cancer proving negative, what's going wrong?..