Affiliation: University of Toronto
- Incidence, severity, and determinants of perineal pain after vaginal delivery: a prospective cohort studyAlison J Macarthur
Department of Anesthesia, University of Toronto, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1199-204. 2004..Primary outcome was the incidence of perineal pain on day of interview; secondary outcomes were pain score measurements and interference with daily activities...
- Anesthesia facilitation of external cephalic version: a meta-analysisAlison J Macarthur
Department of Anesthesia, Mount Sinai Hospital, University of Toronto, 600 University Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Am J Obstet Gynecol 191:1219-24. 2004..Study design A meta-analytic review of medical databases for randomized clinical trials comparing anesthesia with no anesthesia given for ECV attempts. The primary outcome was the immediate success of the ECV attempt...
- Peripartum myocardial ischemia: a review of Canadian deliveries from 1970 to 1998Alison Macarthur
Department of Anesthesia, University of Calgary, Calgary, Canada
Am J Obstet Gynecol 194:1027-33. 2006..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the incidence of peripartum myocardial ischemia in Canada...
- Obstetric anesthesia controversies: vasopressor choice for postspinal hypotension during cesarean deliveryAlison Macarthur
Department of Anesthesiology and Pain Management, University Health Network, Mount Sinai Hospital Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Int Anesthesiol Clin 45:115-32. 2007
- Gerard W. Ostheimer "What's new in obstetric anesthesia" lectureAlison J Macarthur
Department of Anesthesia, University of Toronto, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Anesthesiology 108:777-85. 2008
- A randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of epidural morphine analgesia after vaginal deliveryAlison Macarthur
Department of Anesthesia, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON, Canada
Anesth Analg 110:159-64. 2010..The objective of this study was to assess whether epidural morphine after vaginal delivery would reduce the analgesic requirements for perineal pain...
- Identification of the lumbar interspinous spaces: palpation versus ultrasoundRobert Whitty
Department of Anesthesia and Pain Management, Mount Sinai Hospital, 600 University Ave Suite 1514, Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5G 1X5
Anesth Analg 106:538-40, table of contents. 2008..Palpation has been shown to be inaccurate at identifying lumbar interspinous spaces. Our goal in this study was to compare ultrasound imaging of the region to palpation...
- The incidence and etiology of postpartum headaches: a prospective cohort studyEric Goldszmidt
Department of Anesthesia, Mount Sinai Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Can J Anaesth 52:971-7. 2005..We sought to determine the incidence, etiology, characteristics and risk factors for all headaches in the first week postpartum...