Valerie A Luyckx
Affiliation: University of Alberta
- Low nephron number and its clinical consequencesValerie A Luyckx
Associate Professor, Division of Nephrology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Rambam Maimonides Med J 2:e0061. 2011....
- Effect of fetal and child health on kidney development and long-term risk of hypertension and kidney diseaseValerie A Luyckx
Division of Nephrology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Lancet 382:273-83. 2013..Optimisation of maternal health and early childhood nutrition could, therefore, attenuate this programming cycle and reduce the global burden of hypertension and kidney disease in the future. ..
- Nephrotoxicity of alternative medicine practiceValerie A Luyckx
Division of Nephrology and Immunology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 19:129-41. 2012....
- The clinical importance of nephron massValerie A Luyckx
Department of Medicine, HMRC 260, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada, T6G 2S2
J Am Soc Nephrol 21:898-910. 2010....
- Accelerated senescence in kidneys of low-birth-weight rats after catch-up growthValerie A Luyckx
Division of Nephrology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 297:F1697-705. 2009..03). Low-birth-weight rats exhibit accelerated senescence in kidneys and hearts after rapid catch-up growth, a likely important link between early growth and subsequent hypertension, renal, and cardiovascular disease...
- Cardiac function in an African dialysis population with a low prevalence of pre-existing cardiovascular diseaseValerie A Luyckx
Division of Nephrology and Immunology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Ren Fail 31:211-20. 2009..This finding suggests that dialysis and uremia per se, in the absence of pre-existing cardiac disease, may not be major contributors to cardiovascular morbidity...
- The natural history of residual renal function in transplant donorsThomas F Mueller
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
J Am Soc Nephrol 23:1462-6. 2012....
- Cystatin C does not detect acute changes in glomerular filtration rate in early diabetic nephropathyThomas F Mueller
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology and Transplantation Immunology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
Ren Fail 30:21-9. 2008..Our aim was to test cystatin C as an index of GFR and renal functional reserve...
- Oncostatin M pathway plays a major role in the renal acute phase responseValerie A Luyckx
HMRC 260, Univ of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada T6G 2S2
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F875-83. 2009..In conclusion, the renal parenchyma is capable of generating a strong acute phase response, likely mediated via OSM/OSMR...
- Acute kidney injury associated with the use of traditional medicinesValerie A Luyckx
Division of Nephrology and Immunology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, AB, Canada
Nat Clin Pract Nephrol 4:664-71. 2008..In poorer countries, where large proportions of the population rely on traditional medicine, attempts should be made to integrate traditional healers into the health-care system...