Affiliation: University of British Columbia
- Blanke P, Dvir D, Naoum C, Cheung A, Ye J, ThÃ©riault Lauzier P, et al. Prediction of fluoroscopic angulation and coronary sinus location by CT in the context of transcatheter mitral valve implantation. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2015;9:183-92 pubmed publisher..The relationship of the coronary sinus to the mitral annulus is variable and preprocedural CT segmentation may allow for a more patient-specific approach to the use of a coronary sinus guide wire as a fluoroscopic landmark. ..
- Weir McCall J, Blanke P, Sellers S, Ahmadi A, Andreini D, Budoff M, et al. Impact of Non-obstructive left main disease on the progression of coronary artery disease: A PARADIGM substudy. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2018;12:231-237 pubmed publisher..Our data suggests that non-obstructive LM disease may be a marker for an aggressive phenotype of CAD that may benefit from more intensive treatment strategies. ..
- Blanke P, Dvir D, Cheung A, Ye J, Levine R, Precious B, et al. A simplified D-shaped model of the mitral annulus to facilitate CT-based sizing before transcatheter mitral valve implantation. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2014;8:459-67 pubmed publisher..CT-based mitral annular assessment may aid preprocedural sizing, ensuring appropriate patient and device selection. ..
- Cheruvu C, Precious B, Naoum C, Blanke P, Ahmadi A, Soon J, et al. Long term prognostic utility of coronary CT angiography in patients with no modifiable coronary artery disease risk factors: Results from the 5 year follow-up of the CONFIRM International Multicenter Registry. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2016;10:22-7 pubmed publisher..Any CAD, whether non-obstructive or obstructive, predicted MACE over the same time period. ..
- Raju R, Cury R, Precious B, Blanke P, Naoum C, Arepalli C, et al. Comparison of image quality, and diagnostic interpretability of a new volumetric high temporal resolution scanner versus 64-slice MDCT. Clin Imaging. 2016;40:205-11 pubmed publisher..Improvement in image quality observed at per-patient/per-segment level. Pilot study confirmed improvements in signal homogeneity and diagnostic interpretability, despite imaging at higher heart rates. ..
- Cury R, Abbara S, Achenbach S, Agatston A, Berman D, Budoff M, et al. CAD-RADS(TM) Coronary Artery Disease - Reporting and Data System. An expert consensus document of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT), the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the North American Society for Cardiovascular Imag. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2016;10:269-81 pubmed publisher..In addition, CAD-RADS will provide a framework of standardization that may benefit education, research, peer-review and quality assurance with the potential to ultimately result in improved quality of care. ..
- Bilbey N, Blanke P, Naoum C, Arepalli C, Norgaard B, Leipsic J. Potential impact of clinical use of noninvasive FFRCT on radiation dose exposure and downstream clinical event rate. Clin Imaging. 2016;40:1055-60 pubmed publisher..84%). Our analysis suggests that integrating FFRCT into the CTA clinical pathway may result in reduced cumulative radiation exposure, while promoting favorable clinical outcomes. ..
- Kitabata H, Leipsic J, Patel M, Nieman K, De Bruyne B, Rogers C, et al. Incidence and predictors of lesion-specific ischemia by FFRCT: Learnings from the international ADVANCE registry. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2018;12:95-100 pubmed publisher..Importantly, however, mild CT angiographic stenoses were noted to have an increased hazard for ischemia and the converse holding true for more severe stenoses as well. ..
- Blanke P, Naoum C, Ahmadi A, Cheruvu C, Soon J, Arepalli C, et al. Long-Term Prognostic Utility of CoronaryÂ CTÂ Angiography in Stable Patients WithÂ Diabetes Mellitus. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;9:1280-1288 pubmed publisher..Importantly, patients with DM without CAD according to coronary CTAÂ were at a risk comparable to that of nondiabetic subjects. ..
- Cheruvu C, Naoum C, Blanke P, Norgaard B, Leipsic J. Beyond Stenosis With Fractional Flow Reserve Via Computed Tomography and Advanced Plaque Analyses for the Diagnosis of Lesion-Specific Ischemia. Can J Cardiol. 2016;32:1315.e1-1315.e9 pubmed publisher..In addition, the use of FFRCT has been shown to allow for a significant cost savings compared with traditional care. It is therefore important for cardiologists to appreciate the value of this important new methodology. ..
- Soon J, Sulaiman N, Park J, Kueh S, Naoum C, Murphy D, et al. The effect of a whole heart motion-correction algorithm on CT image quality and measurement reproducibility in Pre-TAVR aortic annulus evaluation. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2016;10:386-90 pubmed publisher..Further validation studies are required to determine the effect on annular measurements and translation into clinical practice. ..
- Blanke P, Soon J, Dvir D, Park J, Naoum C, Kueh S, et al. Computed tomography assessment for transcatheter aortic valve in valve implantation: The vancouver approach to predict anatomical risk for coronary obstruction and other considerations. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2016;10:491-499 pubmed publisher..Herein we report how to comprehensively assess aortic root anatomy using computed tomography prior to transcatheter valve implantation for failed bioprosthetic aortic valves. ..
- Cury R, Abbara S, Achenbach S, Agatston A, Berman D, Budoff M, et al. CAD-RADS™: Coronary Artery Disease - Reporting and Data System: An Expert Consensus Document of the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography (SCCT), the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the North American Society for Cardiovascular Imagin. J Am Coll Radiol. 2016;13:1458-1466.e9 pubmed publisher..In addition, CAD-RADS will provide a framework of standardization that may benefit education, research, peer-review and quality assurance with the potential to ultimately result in improved quality of care. ..
- Naoum C, Blanke P, Dvir D, Pibarot P, Humphries K, Webb J, et al. Clinical Outcomes and Imaging Findings in Women Undergoing TAVR. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2016;9:483-93 pubmed publisher..Additionally, sex differences in imaging findings as they relate to post-TAVR complications including coronary obstruction, annular rupture and prosthesis-patient mismatch are also discussed. ..
- Blanke P, Naoum C, Webb J, Dvir D, Hahn R, Grayburn P, et al. Multimodality Imaging in the Context of Transcatheter Mitral Valve Replacement: Establishing Consensus Among Modalities and Disciplines. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2015;8:1191-208 pubmed publisher..Herein we provide an overview of anatomical principles and definitions, a methodology for anatomical quantification, and perioperative guidance. ..
- Chinnaiyan K, Akasaka T, Amano T, Bax J, Blanke P, De Bruyne B, et al. Rationale, design and goals of the HeartFlow assessing diagnostic value of non-invasive FFRCT in Coronary Care (ADVANCE) registry. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2017;11:62-67 pubmed publisher..The ADVANCE registry is designed to assess the real-world impact of FFRCT on the clinical management of stable CAD when used along with coronary CTA. ..
- Sulaiman N, Soon J, Park J, Naoum C, Kueh S, Blanke P, et al. Comparison of low-dose coronary artery calcium scoring using low tube current technique and hybrid iterative reconstruction vs. filtered back projection. Clin Imaging. 2017;43:19-23 pubmed publisher..Calcium volume difference was statistically significant 57.2±134 vs. 55.1±130.2 (p=0.001). Low dose CT for calcium scoring with HIR enables stable CACS Agatston score and calcium mass quantification as compared to full dose FBP. ..
- Grover R, Leipsic J, Mooney J, Kueh S, Ohana M, Nørgaard B, et al. Coronary lumen volume to myocardial mass ratio in primary microvascular angina. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2017;11:423-428 pubmed publisher..06, p = 0.240) and RCA (0.90 ± 0.04 vs 0.90 ± 0.03, p = 0.773) vessels. Patients with microvascular angina demonstrate a significantly lower coronary CTA-derived coronary volume/myocardial mass ratio than asymptomatic controls. ..
- Leipsic J, Blanke P, Hanley M, Batlle J, Bolen M, Brown R, et al. ACR Appropriateness CriteriaÂ® Imaging for Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. J Am Coll Radiol. 2017;14:S449-S455 pubmed publisher..In those instances where evidence is lacking or equivocal, expert opinion may supplement the available evidence to recommend imaging or treatment. ..
- Mooney J, Sellers S, Blanke P, Pibarot P, Hahn R, Dvir D, et al. CT-Defined Prosthesis-Patient Mismatch Downgrades Frequency and Severity, and Demonstrates No Association With Adverse Outcomes After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2017;10:1578-1587 pubmed publisher..EOAiTTE, but not EOAiCT, was associated with less left ventricular mass regression. ..
- Cheruvu C, Blanke P, Leipsic J. Imaging the Aortic Annulus with Multi-Detector Computed Tomography and 3-Dimensional Transesophageal Echocardiography. Interv Cardiol Clin. 2015;4:23-37 pubmed publisher..This review compares imaging modalities and addresses their strengths and weaknesses to assess the aortic annulus and other aortic root structures. ..
- Blanke P, Pibarot P, Hahn R, Weissman N, Kodali S, Thourani V, et al. Computed Tomography-Based Oversizing Degrees and Incidence of Paravalvular Regurgitation of a New Generation Transcatheter Heart Valve. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2017;10:810-820 pubmed publisher..The PARTNER II Trial: Placement of AoRTic TraNscathetER Valves [PARTNER II]; NCT01314313). ..
- Yang T, Webb J, Blanke P, Dvir D, Hansson N, NÃ¸rgaard B, et al. Incidence and severity of paravalvular aortic regurgitation with multidetector computed tomography nominal area oversizing or undersizing after transcatheter heart valve replacement with the Sapien 3: a comparison with the Sapien XT. JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2015;8:462-471 pubmed publisher..Our retrospective analysis suggests that the Sapien 3 THV displays significantly lower rates of PAR than does the Sapien XT THV. A lesser degree of MDCT area oversizing may be employed for this new balloon-expandable THV. ..
- Soon J, Pibarot P, Blanke P, Ohana M, Leipsic J. Multimodality Imaging for Planning and Follow-up of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. Can J Cardiol. 2017;33:1110-1123 pubmed publisher..We review the most commonly used imaging modalities and discuss their respective strengths and contributions to optimal patient selection, procedure planning, implementation, and follow-up in TAVR. ..
- Naoum C, Berman D, Ahmadi A, Blanke P, Gransar H, Narula J, et al. Predictive Value of Age- and Sex-Specific Nomograms of Global Plaque Burden on Coronary Computed Tomography Angiography for Major Cardiac Events. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017;10: pubmed publisher..Global plaque burden measured using SIS% is predictive of cardiac events independent of traditional risk assessment. URL: https://www.clinicaltrials.gov. Unique identifier: NCT01443637. ..